Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashing the Bios

Default Re:Flashing the Bios

I flash everything on my computer that can be flashed, I am the type is checks the manufactuer's web site weekly for bios or any driver updates and flash as soon as they are out, yes as was stated earlier sometimes a previous bios is better than the next, but if that is the flash i just flash back to the original, since bios updates, usually fix some known issues with a component, i do recommend flashing, but do have a UPS in case power goes out and please know what you are doing.

my kind a techie sean 8)
    if it can be flashed, then flash it. especially if its a luvly new model ....hahahaha ;D

UPS r for wimps. :P

matronyx, all moden motherboards that uses EEPROM chips for the bios can be removed... Cause that's what I did, just remove the chip and send it alone. Send the entire motherboard to the states is a waste of time...
    thanx for the info...but mi know dat already star!

Didn't you here me say I sent for a new bios chip ?

matronyx, I heard you. But just letting you know that the one in your board could be removed & sent saving time and probably money. Just my 2cents still...

Where I said:
    Send the entire motherboard to the states is a waste of time...
    was mistake, as you had already stated that...

Hey Ropy, come on man if we can do it why the hell send it go weh for. Worst how tax gone on everything don't know if they will want to charge you tax to carry it back in ;D

Hey Ropy how well did the replacement chip perform I hate replacement they never seem as good.
    Actually it's not a replacement, they just reprogrammed it. I have no problem with it so far...

Hey Ropy, come on man if we can do it why the hell send it go weh for. Worst how tax gone on everything don't know if they will want to charge you tax to carry it back in
    The thing is that yogi, it's like a HD crashed and need to be formatted. In my case I could not access the BIOS or DOS, and don't have a stand alone programmer for the chip. That's the only reason I sent it abroad, I can't see to find a programmer for BIOS chips (PC). It did not cost me much as I had mailed it in, but as we know is takes longer than FedEx or UPS and also cost less...

Hey Ropy here is an article (http://www.geocities.com/hackedmobo/...how.htm#pgmmer) I found don't know if there will be anything new on for a high tech guy like you.Also hers a site that sells chip programmers (http://www.dataio.com/)