View Poll Results: Which is better choice for a techie a Smartphone or a Netbook?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smartphone

23 63.89%
  • Netbook

13 36.11%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Netbook VS Smartphone

I really like the vaio but I think the jeans pocket attempt is weak, far from practical, do you guys really see those girls walking around with them in their back pockets?

The jacket pocket part is ok. I can almost see that being do-able

I will stick with my BB and aspire one netbook for now

Net book is sweet but I still have to stick to my smartphone (faithful htc tytn). Not neccesary to carry a net book everyday for me.
    BB 220F103E

Can a netbook play WoW? If so... then the battle is won.

I should have done my research before I bought my wife a lappy would definetly buy a netbook because all she does is lesson plans on it

Well I voted Smartphone still over Netbooks as Netbooks are Wifi dependent, no Wifi no net access unless you have a carrier's network card e.g. T-Mobile service which is not here or available for us normal Jamaicans as neither Digicel or Lime offers this sorta service.

Oh, Smartphones to me are better cause of smaller form factor, ease of portability e.g. in my pocket and also access to data networks e.g. GPRS, EDGE or 3G Services plus the BONUS of Wifi when that is available.

Conclusion, Smartphones all the way. Nuff said.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    Well I voted Smartphone still over Netbooks as Netbooks are Wifi dependent, no Wifi no net access unless you have a carrier's network card e.g. T-Mobile service which is not here or available for us normal Jamaicans as neither Digicel or Lime offers this sorta service.

Oh, Smartphones to me are better cause of smaller form factor, ease of portability e.g. in my pocket and also access to data networks e.g. GPRS, EDGE or 3G Services plus the BONUS of Wifi when that is available.

Conclusion, Smartphones all the way. Nuff said.
    Most netbooks will be coming with support for GSM network i.e GPRS, EDGE and 3G the sony mentioned previously does support 3G

what I want to know is if it can make calls via bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by arcanum View Post
    Most netbooks will be coming with support for GSM network i.e GPRS, EDGE and 3G the sony mentioned previously does support 3G

what I want to know is if it can make calls via bluetooth
    Well I would assume so but I cannot verify this but seeing that it will be DATA enabled via 3G then what would prevent the manufacturer from added that feature as it would already be connected to the service provider. Guess what though I will check around and confirm this suggestion.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Why is there a comparison between a computing device and a mobile device?

It is not practical. Both devices serve a clear different segment.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    Why is there a comparison between a computing device and a mobile device?

It is not practical. Both devices serve a clear different segment.
    what is happening is that there is a clear convergence path

It is inevitable that we will all eventually walk around with some standards compatible mobile device that supports mobile computing and communications, some of us already are.

its already here to some extent scattered across platforms...just needs improvement IMO like location awareness and "intelligent" services and applications.
    [/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by arcanum View Post
    what is happening is that there is a clear convergence path

It is inevitable that we will all eventually walk around with some standards compatible mobile device that supports mobile computing and communications, some of us already are.

its already here to some extent scattered across platforms...just needs improvement IMO like location awareness and "intelligent" services and applications.
    [/rant]
    I agree completely take a look at the Blackberry Bold from RIM and most of the Smartphones that High Tech Computers (HTC) makes and you would see that both technologies are rapidly converging....similar to Laptops and Netbooks but the only difference is the form factor and processing power.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991