View Poll Results: Which is better choice for a techie a Smartphone or a Netbook?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smartphone

23 63.89%
  • Netbook

13 36.11%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Netbook VS Smartphone

Morpheus Guest

Lightbulb Netbook VS Smartphone

Since I have gotten my netbook I have noticed that i have been unconciusly using it more than my smartphone (infact the only thing i have been doing with my smartphone as of recent is making calls and sending text messages). Infact at this point I am really wondering, based on my needs, if it really makes sense having a smartphone and netbook.

Netbooks have hit a sweet spot for both consumer and business users. Their low price, full QWERTY keyboards that approach (if not quite match) standard laptop arrangements, and built-in applications mean that many people can leave a heavier notebook behind.

This wasn't the case with the original UMPCs that hit the market a few years ago, many of which carried price tags well north of $1,000 and offered bizarre QWERTY keyboard arrangements that defied any attempt at normal typing.

Smartphones, on the other hand, have offered much of the same promise of netbooks for years now, including tasks such as mobile document editing, e-mail, and Web browsing. But in many ways, smartphones haven't fully reached their potential either—and many users will never get past the tiny screens and keyboards.
    http://www.smartdevicecentral.com/ar.../234683_1.aspx

What do you think should I ditch my smartphone for my netbook and for those who have neither which do you think they should get?

Netbook is a better choice by far.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Never owned one i think i would over the smartphone right now i seriously thinking about owning one

why not have both?
    it depends on ur needs 4 either still

Morpheus Guest

Yeah if you already have both you could keep them (or sell one for some change since they are performing the same function for you) but what if I am techie faced with decision of buying one or the other?

Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA View Post
    why not have both?
    it depends on ur needs 4 either still
    I forgot about my bb which is for life so i would have to have both

Morpheus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    I forgot about my bb which is for life so i would have to have both
    I was wondering about that

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    what if I am techie faced with decision of buying one or the other?
    okay then netbook it is along with a cybershot 4 me

the netbook would be better a choice 4 performance

Kind of like the idea of both since you can never be too connected, that said this new sony vaio p is one sweet netbook with an even smaller size than most... but in typical sony fashion they are trying hard to kill this little wonder even before it launches by insisting on shipping it with vista... what a joke ... an atom processor cannot run vista hell a 3ghz rigg with less than 4gigs has a hard time running vista.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

Morpheus Guest

Exclamation

Look if you had any doubt about netbooks check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpSC0vFzXQ
    The man take it from him jacket pocket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GeWRqZHYEY
    The girls put it in them jeans pocket
    Last edited by Morpheus; Jan 10, 2009 at 10:41 PM.