Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 beta 1 performance - How does the OS compare to Vista and XP?

keys are up, get yours now
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

linkage pleaase......

Last edited by ShadowWolfe Hellscream; Jan 10, 2009 at 10:43 AM.

It's official. Nobody reads my posts. It's all there in the forums I had listed.

Anywho........

http://www.sevenforums.com/news/1609-keys-all.html

Actually its the same 10 keys for everyone...

From the x64 link: (64bit)
    JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4
    RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH
    482XP-6J9WR-4JXT3-VBPP6-FQF4M
    D9RHV-JG8XC-C77H2-3YF6D-RYRJ9
    7XRCQ-RPY28-YY9P8-R6HD8-84GH3

From the x86 link: (32bit)
    6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73
    4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH
    GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY
    QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7
    TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC
    Regardless, you're getting the same keys if you didn't spam the servery from YESTERDAY or LAST NIGHT when I made the post originally. If you DID spam the servers from YESTERDAY or LAST NIGHT, you'd have gotten a unique key, and not one of the recycled ones.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

So anyone wanna comment on the performance now?

I've been using it for the past couple of days.. Vista ran without much hickups on my Celeron laptop. Seven is almost flawless and a big improvement over any other version of windows... even IE8 was a pleasant surprise.. lol

Its alot nicer than Vista imo.. everything open fast/ almost instant

Some of my function keys dont work tho.. like adjust brightness.. everything else works.

Only strange thing is, i cant see my Windows Vista drive (dual booted), but in Vista i can see the WinSeven drive.

Its really nice, its what Windows shouldve been for a long time..
    ________

Only thing needs changing is the taskbar.. when i have multiple windows open i have to scroll over everything to see what i have open
    Last edited by Virus; Jan 10, 2009 at 12:38 PM.

The official M$ server 4 the Win7 Beta updates are down...... Kno if they are available elsewhere?

I think the Updates are important 2 avoid certain media file types such az MP3s from being distorted...... Any1 had that problem?
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

I've had no flaws so far. running it on my pavilion dv9925nr and everything opens promptly. also using the power saver option which sacrifices performance for battery life, and I have yet to notice a difference i.e. decrease, in said performance. Installed all my normal apps, no driver issues and windows update installed drivers for the main devices (vid card/sound card/wireless card) and other peripherals.

Interface wise, taskbar = excellent improvement. still having fun with it. I notice the word docs and paint app n some others have an arrow leading to the last accessed/frequently accessed files, for easy access, something like what the word/excel etc ribbon has. snapping windows to either side of the screen= very useful. no more need to constantly maximize/minimize windows to look at the other.

when i dual booted with vista I couldn't find the other partition, but taking off vista solved that problem

anywayz lemme stop bore people. Its just a step in the right direction from XP and a giant leap over Vista unto the path of redemption.

and no, haven't had any probs with my mp3. the play fully/normally like they're supposed to.
    Last edited by ShadowWolfe Hellscream; Jan 10, 2009 at 04:07 PM.

Morpheus Guest

Windows 7 + Surface performance ... can we expect more of the same

Intrepid reader Yves Milord snapped a pic of what might be the first error message seen on a Microsoft Surface.

It's not a system-wide fail, and we still like the Surface, but who doesn't love an error during promotion? Microsoft "goons" apparently hustled Yves immediately out after he snapped this shot, before he could do any more damage. Keep stickin' it to the man, readers! [Thanks, Yves!]

http://i.gizmodo.com/5128355/as-seen...t-surface-fail

lol...... well i tried a previous version few months ago and i was impressed....it was a 30day trial though so i had to remove it, seems another trial is in order...was reading something that says it damages mp3 files...anyone hear about that?