Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 beta 1 performance - How does the OS compare to Vista and XP?

how about performance for us gamers? all we want is better performance in games

tho will sacrifice a lil performance for better gfx

I will be trying it soon since people seems to be satisfied with it

nero 9 doesnt really like vista anyway so no biggie

Appearently from the reviewz here, there seemz 2 b some compatibility problems like there wuz wit Vista....... Az any1 tried 2 run any gamez yet an how do yu find the Windows Snap feature az well az the Windows Explorer browsing......... Iz it any eazier than Vista?
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

i installed windows 7 (build 7000) in a machine running an e8500 proc, 4gb of mem, evga 750i ftw and evga 9800gtx+ system..
    not the fatest but not exactly a slow machine so you'd expect it to run smooth

i then ripped out the hdd and installed it into a system running a 2.7 celeron (single core) 1gb of mem, sis chipset, onboard vid.. obviously is wasn't as fast but it was suprisingly quick. btw, no blue screen from switiching up the hardware, just a redetection and a reboot and was good to go again.

waiting on rtm so i can dash weh xp

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynebrown85 View Post
    windows 7 is really something to really look forward to...IMO

can windows 7 run on 512 mb memory? i've heard someone say it can but have anyone here tried it
    Yeah mon...I have had it running on 512mb of RAM....no problem. Still have it on my own hard drive...so, I swap whenever my dad not on the pc.

You can try it, you know...without asking...

i dont really like the beta version ill wait for the full version to come out.

Usually on Vista, putting the lappy on the Power Saver setting makes the performance drastically decline. Takes a few seconds longer to open files as opposed to having it on the High Performance setting. On Windowz Se7en however, performance in Power Saver is like that of High Performance on Vista. The programs run without hitch, instant response etc, no compatibility issues thus far. Therefore, I feel like taking Vista off, and using the beta till I can buy my copy of 7 whenever its released.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

i've posted this in another but its better here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmVFeNHOagQ

Hope M$ don't put in sumthin @ the last min 2 ruin this OS caz the Alpha an Beta Releasez seemz pretty stable an less resource consumin!
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem