Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How To SPEEDUP & Update Your BlackBerry® 8320 with LATEST OS v4.5.0.110

Dwightmckie
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightmckie View Post
    Currently my OS is 4.5.0. When i try to update it only allow me to certain additional features such as documents to go.
    I am still gratefull since i now have documents to go.
    Thanks barrettrs
    No problem man...I am glad I could be of assistance. Let me know if you are experiencing any improvements in respect to OS speeds and menu function.

Thanks.

Techwiz

Hail Ricardo, I ave updated mine with another newer version of the 4.5 OS which is v4.5.0.52 and so far it has increased memory (RIM has removed the default pics/images and ringtones) to allow this increase. It also has a better function with speed. Camera and media functions are much better and improved with more security.... Overall the v4.5.0.52 OS is stable and good 2 go........
    Are you sure that v4.5.0.52 is the latest OS from Rim? Please check again as the latest OS posted recently on www.crackberry.com was the one I mentioned in the thread which is v4.5.0.110 so please state how v4.5.0.52 is greater that the current v4.5.0.110 update? Not bashing you still but please check www.blackberry.com and you will that AT&T has the latest ROM currently out for Blackberry Curves and v4.5.0.52 is not that Rom.

N.B. For those updating to v4.5.0.110, the Desktop Manager has to be v4.6 and not v4.7 which is built for the Bold & Storm Models.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Yow respec fi di guide, I used it to upgrade my bold (downloading the corresponding software for that of course). It took me less than 15 mins to complete the process, gonna check it out now.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Which os u now have????

I have 4.6.0.167, was contemplating between it and the one CW have but decided since I upgrading might as well get the newest an dun.

when u upgrade please post what has been upgraded prolly i might think about it

I have no idea wha exactly change, I just know that I got the bag of messengers in downloads folder now along with a help file thingy, I think some were in the bb messenger folder. At first I thought my bb messenger wasn't working cuz my friend added my pin but I didn't get the request. Now i'm wondering if it's cuz he added it before I got the service tho. Only got the phone on sat. and the service on wednesday so I wasn't all that familiar with the phone esp since I didn't check out much of the stuff as I was waiting for the BIS.

O cool just wanted to know if any major diiffrence

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Yow respec fi di guide, I used it to upgrade my bold (downloading the corresponding software for that of course). It took me less than 15 mins to complete the process, gonna check it out now.
    No problem....I am glad to see you're quite SMART as you used to guide and fitted it to your Blackberry Bold....very INGENIOUS man .

I am particularly pleased that you chose the latest OS update as once you delete the Vendor XML file the phone will work on your current providers' settings with no issues.

Wolfman
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    O cool just wanted to know if any major diiffrence
    Mi curious as well....did you experience any boost in the speed of the OS?

Post your results....mi curious so till.
    Last edited by barrettrs; Dec 27, 2008 at 12:58 PM.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

I didn't see a speed boost but before I updated I was unable to send a file to another phone via bluetooth and now that works. Also I wasn't able to browse using wifi, I was supposed to check if it would browse after I got my BIS but forgot and didn't check again til after the update but i'm guessing that's also because of the update.

My version is now4.5.0.110. Seems to be running faster