Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How To SPEEDUP & Update Your BlackBerry® 8320 with LATEST OS v4.5.0.110

Default How To SPEEDUP & Update Your BlackBerry® 8320 with LATEST OS v4.5.0.110

Yeah so I am no longer a Blackberry Noobie as I have been researching and learning tons of new stuff. Anyways this guide will help all those Blackberry 8320 & 8820 Users to updated their existing Rom from V4.5.0.51 to V4.5.0.110 (Platform 2.7.0.90) which is the latest & best Rom currently available and it is now being deployed on AT&T America.

Instructions for updating on ANY 8320& 8820 (regardless of carrier)

1. Download the Blackberry Desktop Manager v4.6 by scrolling down the list and selecting Blackberry Desktop Software v4.6 Click here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

2. Download the Blackerry OS v4.5.0.110 for AT&T, scroll down the list and select Blackberry 8320 Smartphone click here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

3. After both downloads have been completed....Double click and Install the Desktop Manager on your Computer. Then double click and install the Blackberry Os v4.5.0.110 on your Computer....Note install the Desktop Manager first then the OS v4.5.0.110 after.

4. After successful installation of Blackberry Os v4.5.0.110.
    Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named “vendor.xml.”

NB....Vendor.xml who contain specific details from AT&T such as bootscreens, logos and operator data that is specific to them....Remember your gonna use this OS for Digicel or Lime so PLEASE DELETE "Vendor.xml" from the specified directory.

5. Plug in your Black Berry and double click on “Loader.exe.” It’s located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

SIT BACK AND WAIT......Better yet go watch a Comedy

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it’s done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says “waiting for initialization.”
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

Benefits of the new OS are as follows:

a. Faster bootup
    b. Faster loadtimes for applications
    c. The phone will multitask many more applications more FLUIDLY
    d. Improved support for Youtube
    e. Better viewing for HTML views on Blackberry browser

Post your results as usual....Oh my phone is much faster since the upgrade.

NB...This update is good for both the 8320 & 8820 Blackberry Models
    Last edited by barrettrs; Dec 24, 2008 at 05:58 PM.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

thanks very much for this post. i will give feedback later

I think this shud be 'stickied'

Quote Originally Posted by L4nd0 View Post
    I think this shud be 'stickied'
    Thanks L4ndo...I am blushing man...Here to help as we are all a BAND OF BROTHERS on this site.

Oh, I have the thing for you along with the Dash apps on a DvD....Pm or call me tonight to pick up.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    Thanks L4ndo...I am blushing man...Here to help as we are all a BAND OF BROTHERS on this site.
    and a few sisters

I am curious has anyone attempted the update for their Blackberry 8320 as yet?

Please post your results if you have done so.

Merry Christmas.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Hail Ricardo, I ave updated mine with another newer version of the 4.5 OS which is v4.5.0.52 and so far it has increased memory (RIM has removed the default pics/images and ringtones) to allow this increase. It also has a better function with speed. Camera and media functions are much better and improved with more security.... Overall the v4.5.0.52 OS is stable and good 2 go........

Blackberry Desktop Software v4.7 is out:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Currently my OS is 4.5.0. When i try to update it only allow me to certain additional features such as documents to go.
    I am still gratefull since i now have documents to go.
    Thanks barrettrs

Quote Originally Posted by Utech22 View Post
    Blackberry Desktop Software v4.7 is out:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    Still have 4.6 have been putting it off DLing a while now