Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia 5800 vs. Apple iPhone 3G

Default Nokia 5800 vs. Apple iPhone 3G

The guys over at Smape has put togeather a Nokia 5800 vs. Apple iPhone 3G article and compared those two phones. Read more over at smape

About Nokia 5800

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic is the first phone to feature a touchscreen while running on a Symbian S60 operating system. This is the new S60 5th Edition. Otherwise it is a mid-level phone featuring 3.2-inch 640×360 pixels display, 3.2MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, and 3.5mm jack.

About iPhone 3G

Apple iPhone 3G adds support of 3G HSDPA fast data and GPS. It has the same screen, camera, OS and memory (8 or 16GB) as the first one, and almost the same design but now will accept any 3.5mm headphones. It will run on the new software version which support third party application thanks to the official SDK.
    http://www.smape.com/en/news/interesting/28727.html
    http://dailymobile.se/2008/10/15/nok...ple-iphone-3g/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtJ8ScsHylY
    Last edited by pezz; Dec 23, 2008 at 02:49 AM.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I must say thats a good comparison and frm long time I was wondering when there was going to be a touch screen symbian phone an there it is with some excellent features even beating the iphone in comparison...not bad Nokia but you know the whole Iphone craze thats happening will cause more ppl to still go with the Iphone

iphone is exactly the best phone but it hard to change the track that the whole world seems to be on, iphone will continue to dominate no matter what comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by 4$ythe View Post
    iphone is exactly the best phone but it hard to change the track that the whole world seems to be on, iphone will continue to dominate no matter what comes out.
    Fully endorsed and personally with the 50 apps that i have installed on my iphone since last thursday I don't see how any one can best the iphone its not just the phone but the phone +Itunes+appstore apple again has created its own eco system. I have said it before and will say it again Nokia, Samsung,Motorola,Sony Ericsson are just selling phones, apple is selling a new and full experience, providing solutions to problems that you never knew you had and coming up with amazing applications that one couldn't even imagine; many of these apps one could only wish to find on a pc or a game system much less on a phone... its like everyone else is playing catchup...
    Last edited by jamaicakevkev; Dec 23, 2008 at 09:52 AM.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

nokia is dont a horrible job at promoting this phone, that is why iPhone is dominate

It's really hard to believe that apple use one phone to lock the market for so long.. i like the nokia,but if had to choose i would go with the iphone
    I am str88,no curves no bends.
    nokia rocks(iphone too)

21.5 emachice 1080p .... intel core 2 quad q6600 ... 4gig ocz memory ....h/d 320g....gpu ati hd 5750 1gddr5..m/B..intel

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicakevkev View Post
    Fully endorsed and personally with the 50 apps that i have installed on my iphone since last thursday I don't see how any one can best the iphone its not just the phone but the phone +Itunes+appstore apple again has created its own eco system. I have said it before and will say it again Nokia, Samsung,Motorola,Sony Ericsson are just selling phones, apple is selling a new and full experience, providing solutions to problems that you never knew you had and coming up with amazing applications that one couldn't even imagine; many of these apps one could only wish to find on a pc or a game system much less on a phone... its like everyone else is playing catchup...
    yout lol... becuz you install 50 apps is the best phone?... I installed way more than that on my ngage when I had it.. symbian s60 is the best os for a phone... it dont make sense I buy a phone and it has a razr camera... just doesnt make any sense... nokia 5800 is the better phone and is way better than the iphone, all iphone has is hype... I see it getting mgs soon... yout with symbian anything is possible... as I told someone before take a pic at night in darkness with the iphone so i can get a good laugh
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    yout with symbian anything is possible
    Alrite you on the same page as me..Symbian maad, there are so many apps for symbian available...its just dat Apple is Known 1st with the idea of Ipods and the large storage it have and then they have Laptops/Desktops and then the Iphone..Once Apple remain's in the same position that they are currently in it seems that no matter what Apple makes the world will still see a craze over their products

If i had a dollar every time some techie mentioned this hodge podge Os... symbian... with all its issues... incompatibility, difficult coding and dated structure, I would be BIll Gates... You guys have the nerve to compare this out dated mixed up OS with OS X... lol you guys must have shares in nokia sony or ericsson. I am sure apple and its developers are shaking in their boots worrying about symbian get real guys stop livin in the past.

lets see how long it takes for a fan boy to try and take me outside for a shooting.
    Last edited by jamaicakevkev; Dec 28, 2008 at 08:23 PM.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicakevkev View Post
    If i had a dollar every time some techie mentioned this hodge podge Os... symbian... with all its issues... incompatibility, difficult coding and dated structure, I would be BIll Gates... You guys have the nerve to compare this out dated mixed up OS with OS X... lol you guys must have shares in nokia sony or ericsson. I am sure apple and its developers are shaking in their boots worrying about symbian get real guys stop livin in the past.

lets see how long it takes for a fan boy to try and take me outside for a shooting.
    check your sig.. it seems you are the fanboy.. symbian running lap around square up osx..

4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup