Thread: Laptop not BROWSING

Default Laptop not BROWSING

I have a compaq Presario C770US notebook that is just not browsing it has windows vista and when it connects to the internet using either the wireless or Ethernet it is just not sending or receiving packets or has limited connection so the pages will not open. The antivirus is disable so its not causing any conflict and no software was installed so can anyone help me. i have tried different wireless connections and also ethernet ports.

Quote Originally Posted by doc_c View Post
    I have a compaq Presario C770US notebook that is just not browsing it has windows vista and when it connects to the internet using either the wireless or Ethernet it is just not sending or receiving packets or has limited connection so the pages will not open. The antivirus is disable so its not causing any conflict and no software was installed so can anyone help me. i have tried different wireless connections and also ethernet ports.
    Well many things could be causing this issue still....Anyways troubleshoot the following first and then post your results and hopefully we can take it from there.

1. uninstall and then re-install your network & wireless drivers that came with the computer or go online via another computer and download any new drivers that maybe out there for Vista just in case it is a driver conflict or outdated drivers.

2. Use IPconfig /all will tell you the IP the machine is using when the command is issued at the Command Prompt.

3. You can try to reset the TCP/IP if all else fails. However, the network card
    could be going defective, and the network cable to the computer can go bad as well.

Post your results and hopefully we can take if from there.
    Last edited by barrettrs; Dec 19, 2008 at 08:44 AM.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

go to: start > run > type 'cmd' press enter to get command prompt or
    (find it in the start - programs - accseeories>)
    type 'ipconfig - release' > then type 'ipconfig - renew'
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Did any of those work doc_c?

you can also reset your modem ..