Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ADSL Noise Filtering on Dial-up..

Default ADSL Noise Filtering on Dial-up..

Have anyone ever tried using such a thing with their dial-up service. If so was there a performance increase, or low ping time etc.???

Default Re:ADSL Noise Filtering on Dial-up..

Do you mean putting an ADSL filter on a regular phone line for the dial-up service, or do you mean placing an ADSL filter on an ADSL line to test the dial-up service?

I mean putting an ADSL filer on a regular phone line for dial-up use only...

[quote author=Ropy link=board=3;threadid=740;start=0#msg5626 date=1053188363]
    I mean putting an ADSL filer on a regular phone line for dial-up use only...
    [/quote]

Hmmm...never thought of it. Where do you get these ideas? ;D I'd be curious enough to try though.

Speaking of ping times, which IP address and what times do people use as a benchmark?

yeah its interesting. ropy is one of those ppl who push the red button that says dont push me....hehehehe.
    i know the filter breaks the higher frequency elements of the adsl part thru one part and throws the lower frequencies down to the phone part.
    as with any filtering, there is loss of signal amplitude. so i guess with broadband noise, it would be less on the phone line for the voice traffic but i reckon there would be a loss in amplitude.
    however, in practice, the forum boards up here in england are full of complaints about noise appearing on the voice lines from the use of these filters.
    try one an tell wi nuh ropy ;D

Where can I get an ADSL Line Filter to buy???

lol....most ppl who supply dsl modems would do it.

Ropy, I don't know anywhere out of town that sells them, but I know that Innovative Systems carries them in bulk. Check them out.

I'm not sure what good purchasing a filter will do for dial-up only still. It doesn't cut out analog line noise. If that's what's bothering you, only Cable & Wireless can remedy that.

This is a particularly frustrating problem up towards the Havendale area. People who use dial-up service in this vicinity usually suffer some very poor connections, regardless of service provider. I know one thing is for certain, police line tapping is rather frequent in this area and that accounts for a larger part of the line noise that affects dial-up users.

police tap line a yard?? :-\ >

Yup....Phone lines are tapped.

I'm not sure what good purchasing a filter will do for dial-up only still.
    I agree with this too. However, if you still need the filter, you can get it from Infochan.

Here is a link

http://www.infochan.com/products/adsl.htm