Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Sony's PS3 A Sinking Ship: Sales Plummet

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    Late response to Nesters statement: you may like to read what I posted you were to look on again. But since u cant here is what I said
    360 2 year sales: just under 14mil
    PS3 2 year sales: 16.9mil
    Win: PS3

And u call the 360 price cut for winter edging their total sales in europe slightly over the ps3's "taken over"? Ok, but what happens when the PS3 sees the price cut that has been rumored for next summer? And 8.1 mil for 3 years compared to 7.6 for 2yrs doesn't deem a PS3 failure, it means the PS3 has been outselling the 360 there nearly 2 to 1. Guess you're saying the tables can't be turned again.
    Whatever happens, the US is still the 360's major market, contributing to over 60% of their sales. But would you be surprised if those sales start capping off and the PS3 starts catching up? Or will the PS3 die like owen claims next fall because according to your logic it is only being bought for blu ray which can now be gotten for cheaper?

Well I'll just wait to see instead of the miss cleo argument, but from what I have seen, the PS3 has a better line-up for 2009 which will be attracting buyers from the 360 clan.
    where did you get those numbers? i'm clicking your links and seeing something different. oh i see what you did now. that's not even a comparison. you compared the total for the 360 for 05-07 against the total for the PS3 for 06-08 and then said that's a win for the PS3. hmmmmm wtf is that? looking at the charts it supports what anyone with eyes can see. the wii has in a couple years flew past the 360 and ps3. the 360 has been on a steady rise. the ps3 is bringing up the rear by a long way.
    Last edited by Gladiator; Dec 26, 2008 at 04:01 PM.

why are you guys still arguing about this? everybody who wanted a 360 has already bought it. half the people who wanted a ps3 haven't bought it yet for what ever reason. The wii is the winner. the ps3 is the xbox/dreamcast of this generation, 9 months and its history. Has anybody played home yet? is HOME going to save ps3? where is the HOME thread?

At E3 in May 2006, Bill Gates announced that Microsoft would have a head start of 10 million units by the time Sony and Nintendo entered the market.[93] Microsoft later specified that goal and estimated shipments of 10 million units by the end of 2006.[94]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360

However, despite these sales figures, Microsoft's gaming division is losing money. Through 2005, the Xbox gaming division had lost over $4 billion.[99] However, Microsoft expects the console will start making money in 2008.[100] The losses are due to the market strategy of selling consoles below cost in order to obtain market saturation and gain profits on software and peripherals that have a much higher profit margin
    guess thats why those controllers etc seem to cost more than they should. M$ losing money too (3 years after release they expect profit.... ps3 is in 2nd year) and wii took off like a friggin rocket.
    Last edited by semitop; Dec 26, 2008 at 04:15 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    why are you guys still arguing about this? everybody who wanted a 360 has already bought it. half the people who wanted a ps3 haven't bought it yet for what ever reason. The wii is the winner. the ps3 is the xbox/dreamcast of this generation, 9 months and its history. Has anybody played home yet? is HOME going to save ps3? where is the HOME thread?
    Home is....wait for it....wait for it... HOMELESS....

pst... I heard Home disabled the Voice feature.....lolz
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    where did you get those numbers? i'm clicking your links and seeing something different. oh i see what you did now. that's not even a comparison. you compared the total for the 360 for 05-07 against the total for the PS3 for 06-08 and then said that's a win for the PS3. hmmmmm wtf is that? looking at the charts it supports what anyone with eyes can see. the wii has in a couple years flew past the 360 and ps3. the 360 has been on a steady rise. the ps3 is bringing up the rear by a long way.
    I'm not talking about the wii, and I was comparing the first 2 year sales for the 360 and the PS3.

Homes voice chat is temporarily disabled, only in the public spaces, its still there for private spaces. Home is not a game for people to play Owen. Home was never meant to be any console seller. Why would there be a thread for Home? In 9 months time I will be laughing at you choking on your words.
    Last edited by chig; Dec 26, 2008 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    I'm not talking about the wii, and I was comparing the first 2 year sales for the 360 and the PS3.
    it's kind of pointless to compare them like that. the 360 has been around a year longer it's cumulative total will logically be more. if you look at the period when they have both been available it's still outsold the ps3. which again is logical since the ps3 was the most expensive of all the consoles for a long time.