Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ping and servers

Default Re:ping and servers

I hate it when I loose just cause of my ping rate, I'm much better than most of those guys i meet in UT2k3 and DFBHD.

i play some guys on quake3 who sit on modem and they kill everyone on dsl.
    they use it to their advantage. it has something to do with the max packets they set in the console. no matter how you shhot at them, you miss.

Yeah, it is called cheating ...lol
    They lag so badly that when you think they are in a specific spot, the one u shoot at, they have already moved on to another.

The thing with the DFBHD servers though, once your ping gets to a certain number you will get kicked off so you cannot use this to your advantage.

I don't know where u fellaz get your info from but I had first hand experience. As you all know I’m on dial-up, and if you lag you are the one that's at a disadvantage. Simply because you are the one who is getting the packets late. So you are the one that's at a disadvantage and not the person on a faster connection...

It is a known thing Ropy that you can use lag to your advantage provided the server doesnt kick you off...

... the trick is to keep moving in zig zags that way no one can calculate where you are gonna be. Many persons used this to get knife kills since they just walk up to you without you being able to shoot em. Everytime you think youve shot hem, it's just the slowly generated image, due to lag ;D

lol....yeah fi sure. one game its really effective in is mohaa especially when they go twisting their bodies from side to side....hahahahaha