Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Operating Frequency Bands of Lime, Digicel & Claro

i wanrt to get a bold on claro
    I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    How would i know what 3g my bold is on??
    to date i only know of one variety of Blackberry Bold and that is
    HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100

so you're good to go for Claro and should b ok for LIME 3g since mi know seh a LIME bold u have.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by WizzX View Post
    so you're good to go for Claro and should b ok for LIME 3g since mi know seh a LIME bold u have.. lol
    you know fi sell something else me would a mad me just dead fi dem start fi sample if is even go town

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    you know fi sell something else me would a mad me just dead fi dem start fi sample if is even go town
    good luck with waiting...

amendments made to digicel at post #4

I confirmed with someone that work at Claro...is only the 850 band they got 3G on. Which leads me to my next question, do other 3G carriers around the world only use one band, or is that the case with Claro cuz they just rolling out. Also if Digi and LIME rolliung out 3G will it also be on just one Band like claro?
    >>>>Buzz Buzz Inside<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUT View Post
    I confirmed with someone that work at Claro...is only the 850 band they got 3G on. Which leads me to my next question, do other 3G carriers around the world only use one band, or is that the case with Claro cuz they just rolling out. Also if Digi and LIME rolliung out 3G will it also be on just one Band like claro?
    The band that Claro is operating 3g on 850 is mainly for the American Market, in Europe they use the bands of 1900/2100 and other regions around the world also use band of 1700.

LIME should be using 850 as well and Digi should be using 900

Check the first page of this thread for more info as the bands of each company is stated

Quote Originally Posted by ramacan View Post
    Based on the above, you will need the below network bands present on your mobile phone to be fully compatible with the networks in JAMAICA (assuming 3G is available on all networks and you want access to this feature). However, when roaming, depending on the operating frequency for the service provider the network bands required may be different.

Digicel: GSM 900/1800 MHZ, UMTS 900 MHZ

Lime: GSM 850/1900 MHZ, UMTS 850/1900 MHZ

Claro: GSM 850/1900 MHZ, UMTS 850/1900 MHZ

Yea I saw that but Claro dont use the 1900 band so ...people on teh 1900 band dont get 3G..only 850.
    >>>>Buzz Buzz Inside<<<<

see what is going to be on the 850/1900MHZ 3g for LIME and CLARO you can fetch it http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=5942

Digicel wont be on that band for sure but im positive cable&wirless/lime will be on it based on the fact that Claro bought their towers hint.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1