Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: lord of the rings

Default Re: lord of the rings

The fellowship of the ring wasn't worth a penny dude not alot of people new about this movie ..it came out the same time harry potter did thats why it never did so well during the christmas but i'm sure that world wide it sold over 300mil ..the lord of the rings is one big red book how u ago seh fellowship wasn't worth a penny but the rest did? dude i only hav one thing to say Lord of the Rings trilogy is the best movie ever made [b] Period[/]
    SMART PHONE: Note 2 (N7100) [B] Ps all Pics are taken with the phone in my sig.....

lol
    everyone here again i say too opinionated
    F*^k the fellowship of the rings
    the movie sucked ... and Gandolph the grey was an ***.
    Gandolph the White rules.
    Legolas kicks ***
    Aragorn rules bcus of one phrase "For Frodo"
    and di rest of the characters Gay.
    and no this is not the best movie or trilogy ever.
    Many movies better than LOTR
    the Godfather
    Goodfellas
    New Jack City
    Hard Boiled
    Die Hard 1 . 2 . 3
    Naked Gun series
    Lethal Weapon series

u want more cus i have?
    "Dont watch me ... watch TV"

how much awards did these movie make ... how much money did they bring in at the box office .... name some more cause dem deh nuh mek it
    SMART PHONE: Note 2 (N7100) [B] Ps all Pics are taken with the phone in my sig.....

so movie standards are by money the make?
    so titanic is the greatest movie ever then?
    and finding nemo is the best animated movie ever .. not lion king 1?

seriously treat this like the whole best rapper gig.
    think outside the money willy ... try hard u can do it

di only way lotr can be best is if its by a genre.
    and awards haffi do with the year willy
    wat was gonna contest lotr rotk, revolutions?
    gladiator did its bid in the year it was out.

Willy

I can't believe that you're arguing with this fellow Willy. Clearly this dude only thinks a movie is good if it has gun violence in it. Checkout the movies he thinks are great. Seeing a list like that, it's clear that he has only been socialized to think that one genre of movie is the best. When you meet people like that Sir Will, let them be. There's no point in arguing. I bet you any money he thinks that "Equilibrium" and "Blade 2" were great movies as well... laughable...

Cler1c

While I can understand your taste in movies, there's more to movies than gun related violence my friend. Try to open your mind a little. Hmmm?

hey u know wat
    lets just stop
    cus i respect ur conviction and i kno wu not gonna change ur belief
    "u still think jiggas the best"
    and all dats cool
    i not gonna change my mind
    and i not tryin to impress anyone
    so if its all well i respect ur humble opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocrates
    :

Cler1c

While I can understand your taste in movies, there's more to movies than gun related violence my friend. Try to open your mind a little. Hmmm?
    honesty dude
    dont even start
    u dont know me
    if u did u wouldnt even type and use ma name
    again i say i leave this topic alone

Getting defensive again i see its just a forum dude dont get too angry

lol
    im not angry dude
    imagine that?

not in the best of moods but i aint angry.

Well then shed light on my ignorance.

There's a very good (but highly improbable) chance that I may have incorrectly discerned your tastes. Consider me momentarily ignorant and humor me for a moment. When one is willing to say that the Lord of the Rings cast members were gay (and I'm assuming you're referring to their performances), it doesn't bide well with their perception of a good picture. I noted that you had a heavier lean towards The Two Towers and Return of the King, which, while all three were classic pictures, were notably more violent than The Fellowship of the Rings...

...let's have a look at the movies you listed. Maybe we can learn something about you:

The Godfather (1972) - A mobster flick, critically noted not for its violence, but for the sophistry of its plotting, casting and acting! It was the top grossing film of 1972, raking in over US $89 million - which in today's money is equivalent to nearly half a billion dollars! It won 3 Academys, including best picture, but more notably, for best screenplay adapted from prose. In 1998, the American Film Institute named The Godfather one of the three greatest American films ever made, testifying to its enduring artistic legacy. Ok, good choice! (or is it?)

Good Fellas (1990) - Wait a minute, ANOTHER mobster picture!? Truckloads of violence, harsh language and sexual profanity! Anywho, it gets nominated for best picture, but doesn't win. It's based on a true story. But the critical appeal in this movie is not it's story, it's the acting. Joe Pesci's Academy award for best supporting actor is the only award it gets...and rightfully so!

New Jack City (1991) - A BLACK mobster movie! (see a trend yet?) Mario Van Peebles directs this high paced actioner about a drug kingpin (played by Wesley Snipes - a sure talent for terrible, violent movies) in Harlem and the efforts of two cops (played by Ice-T and Judd Nelson) to take him out. It's Extremely violent, with strong sexual content. The film's violence was somewhat controversial on its initial release, especially after shooting incidents marred showings in several theaters! Is this your pick as a good movie? It wasn't even nominated for a single award!

Hard Boiled (1992) - Now a mobster movie from China! Wicked! (or is it?) I'll give you props for this one - but it is still a brutally violent movie. This is one of the very few violent movies that was actually done in style (including John Woo's The Killer and Face/Off). Y'see, the only reason why I rate this one Cler1c, is that it was done with artistic style - The movie wasn't about showing off blood and guts and waton gun violence. It was done with a pacing and style that is characteristic of Woo films - the very same reason why Joel Silver (producer on The Matrix Trilogy) brought John Woo to the United States - because the man has GENUINE TALENT and STYLE. So I'll forgive you for this one.

Die Hard 1 . 2 . 3 - Now the pace has shifted from moster movies to Cop Versus Terrorist movies. Die Hard 3 was crap to say the least (it even sank Bruce Willis' career for good, since he is now type cast for violent movies ONLY). This trilogy is the first to introduce me to graphic violence as we now see it in film. Never before had I seen a man's brains graphically get blown to bits as often as in this trilogy. My God - my mother puked when she saw me watching this once. I don't blame her. The violence here is retarded sick. To say it was Graphic is being conservative. My god...

Naked Gun series - The first movie was funny. The last two were weak. Ok, 2½ was aight. I'll forgive you for this one, because at least I laughed.

Lethal Weapon series - Critically acclaimed, yes, but only the first one. It took these idiots 3 sequels to realise that they shouldn't continue. Yeah - cops versus terrorists again...

...this is what I want to do for the people who write these violent movies: