Thread: vb and .net (framework question)

Default vb and .net (framework question)

when i write a program in VB 6 and compile and get my exe when i install in on system i dont need to download any framework.

however when i create the program in .net and install it.. the machine have to download the .net framework from Microsoft. I have compile it to use a previously downloaded framework from on the network .

My question is this how can i create a program that will not require the user to install the .net framework.. in .net 2005 like how it work in VB6. Is this possible???
    Why fight Information Technology when you can outsource IT

Unlike the script based setup of vb 6, .net creates a msi for deplyment intallation...

All application develop using VB.NET require the .NET framework to be installed on the client machine, I think even the installer needs the .NET framework.

Therefore to my knowledge, you need to install the .NET framework before installing your application.

Not sure how much of a problem this is though, since the framework is usually shipped with later versions of windows...the frame even gets added through regular microsoft updates and etc.

VB6 is not based on .NET and hence does not require the framework.
    VB.NET and the other .NET languages are built on the CLR/CTS in the .NET framework and hence it is a pre-requisite to execute them.
    Cultured in Aggression and Koding like a Warrior!!
    “Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius.” - George Bernard Shaw.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

Just create a setup package that will install the pre-requisites before it actually installs your application. To the user, all would appear seamless.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5