Thread: 2004 Rally Jamaica

Thumbs up 2004 Rally Jamaica

The Jamaica Millennium Motoring Club

TO: Competitors, Marshals and Spectators,

This is just a news brief to keep you up date on the happenings with regards to the “2004 Rally Jamaica”.

This years event will be taking place on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of December, below you will find a listing of the events associated with the rally. A rally guide for competitors will be published in September, and although geared towards our overseas guests, our local entrants will be able to benefit from the information within the publication.

Again this year, the Rally Jamaica will be publishing and circulating for FREE an official rally guide. We had great success with the 2003 publication, and already are putting plans in place to make this years publications bigger and better than before. We would appreciate any adverts that you may be able to sell for us, as “EVERY MIKLE MAKES A MUCKLE”.

On to the actual event, our plans are to run the event over three days as indicated above.

Day One (Friday 3rd of December) : A Parc expose from 1:30pm until 3:59 pm. The first car will depart from the ceremonial ramp at 4:00pm and straight into the Spectator / Press / Shake down stage. This stage will be sponsored, and trophies will be awarded for the fastest in each class.

Day Two (Saturday 4th of December): Starting at one of the many PETCOM service stations in and around the corporate area, a short transit out to the United Estates property where the rally will spend the day doing loops of stages returning to the central service park after each loop. The last stage will be run at approximately 4:00pm after which the cars will transit back into Kingston to a finish of day one at one of the PETCOM corporate are service stations.

Day Three (Sunday 4th of December): Re-Starting at another of the PETCOM service stations, the cars will be set off according to the finishing position they held after day two. The cars will transit out to the days stages (location yet to be confirmed) where they will spend the morning on even more loose surfaces. Again a centralized service location will be used, which the competitors will loop through after each loop of stages. Shortly after the lunch halt the cars will then transit back into Kingston where they will be power washed by one of our 2003 sponsors, back on board for this year’s event “Detail King”. The rally will be brought to a close with the running of three short tarmac stages, then straight into a Parc Ferme.

Approximately 2 hours after the last car rolls through the finish line we will move straight into the prize giving and street jam, bring an end to the “2004 RALLY JAMAICA”

Default Re: 2004 Rally Jamaica

Despite the fact that 'we' dont know each other personally, I would appreciate the support by my fellow techie members for this rally.

I am a codriver and I'm paired with one of Jamaica's young , talented and fast driver; Jason Lawson . We will be taking the competition to the Barbadians,Trinis and other International teams in a high powered 4WD Mitsubishi Lance Evolution VI in the Grp N class[stock production class].

I am many things to different people: techie and motorsports fanatic & or competitor..