Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Network Administrator - Job Opening

Default Network Administrator - Job Opening

The Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining and implementing enhancements to data and telecommunications network. The Network Administrator works as part of a team, which is responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining Local and Wide area networks. In addition, the Administrator is responsible for providing high-level support, problem resolution, installation and maintenance functions for all in-house Windows NT platforms and other CORE networking technologies.

• Install, configure routers, switches and other LAN/WAN or Telecommunications devices.
    • Resolve problems with NT Server and Desktop technologies.
    • Research new IP technologies, OS Technologies and other technical advances.
    • Test and analyze all elements of the network infrastructure including: routers, switches, circuits, modems and monitors, and control the performance and status of network resources by utilizing the proper tools.
    • Conduct pro-active system monitoring, by running system support check lists.

• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
    • Strong organizational and time management skills.
    • Solid understanding of the Windows NT/WIN2000 and UNIX desktop and server platforms.
    • Experience with Routers, Hubs, Bridges and Switches.

- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
    - Network Related Courses
    -
    email resume to:
    Roland Crawford
    Senior Information Technology Manager
    crawfordra@advantagegeneral.com

Is this job still available?

kinda doubt it stil, den again neting possible bout 5mths now it post

i am curious as to how much they teach you about networking in a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology...........i know they teach you zip.....why every course these people want Bachelors
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

They teach you as much as need to know the fact is most ppl only take the past exam approach and dont learn zip as you put it.
    Phenom X4 9550, MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum, Kingston HyperX SLI 4GB DDR2 1066MHz, Evga 9600GT Supaclack'd, Corsair 750W PSU,80gb 2.5 5400rpm X 2- Raid 0
    kevin@4046263 Kevin1386@gmail.com
    Kingston/Portmore/Mandeville

Quote Originally Posted by tommytrouble View Post
    i am curious as to how much they teach you about networking in a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology...........i know they teach you zip.....why every course these people want Bachelors
    Well I did the Associates in Information Technology and we got a decent exposure you know the things from learning about the IP addresses to a state when they pulled apart a lap and told us to reconfigure it plugged out the the switches, hubs etc... and we had to setup 10 or so computers back on a network nothing grand but the exposure is there they may have been one or two other things so I would expect more from a Bachelors I think you can choose to major in Networking in your 3rd or 4th year but all I know is that the Bachelors in IT is highly programming based
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Well I did the Associates in Information Technology and we got a decent exposure you know the things from learning about the IP addresses to a state when they pulled apart a lap and told us to reconfigure it plugged out the the switches, hubs etc... and we had to setup 10 or so computers back on a network nothing grand but the exposure is there they may have been one or two other things so I would expect more from a Bachelors I think you can choose to major in Networking in your 3rd or 4th year but all I know is that the Bachelors in IT is highly programming based
    where did you do your asociates?

Quote Originally Posted by serial View Post
    The Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining and implementing enhancements to data and telecommunications network. The Network Administrator works as part of a team, which is responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining Local and Wide area networks. In addition, the Administrator is responsible for providing high-level support, problem resolution, installation and maintenance functions for all in-house Windows NT platforms and other CORE networking technologies.

• Install, configure routers, switches and other LAN/WAN or Telecommunications devices.
    • Resolve problems with NT Server and Desktop technologies.
    • Research new IP technologies, OS Technologies and other technical advances.
    • Test and analyze all elements of the network infrastructure including: routers, switches, circuits, modems and monitors, and control the performance and status of network resources by utilizing the proper tools.
    • Conduct pro-active system monitoring, by running system support check lists.

• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
    • Strong organizational and time management skills.
    • Solid understanding of the Windows NT/WIN2000 and UNIX desktop and server platforms.
    • Experience with Routers, Hubs, Bridges and Switches.

- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
    - Network Related Courses
    -
    email resume to:
    Roland Crawford
    Senior Information Technology Manager
    crawfordra@advantagegeneral.com
    Uhmmmm, dear sir, you forgot to mention the salary range.
    My Speakers Can't Live If The SubWoofer Doesn't Breathe -Gary Lawrence
    http://www.youtube.com/GaryLawrence0
    http://www.reverbnation.com/garylawrence
    http://www.online.com.jm

Quote Originally Posted by jah_ute View Post
    where did you do your asociates?
    Exed Community College
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Uhmmmm, dear sir, you forgot to mention the salary range.
    I dont like when people ask about salary on the first response. well maybe jamaica is different from the states but If you really want a job then just apply. if you dont like them salary then refuse. so im just gonna take it that you are in your nice comfi job already and just want to explore!
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau