Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .com.jm domain from UWI

shane200_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    eh?
    When I last dealt with MIS department at UWI to register a .jm domain name, I was required to provide both primary and secondary name servers (which points to the hosting company or a company that provide DNS management like everydns.com) have you done that already and received a conformation email from UWI?
    I got a blank conformation email

First you need to make up your mind which hosting company you intend to use (suggestions were already given above)

For Email:
    1. Sign up at google apps as instructed before Click HERE

2. Follow the instructions given by google to confirm ownership of the domain name.
    3. You then need to enter the MX record (which points to the servers that should receive e-mail for your .jm domain ) Chick Here for Instructions

The place you enter that MX record will depend on which company name servers you used when you registered the domain name (you didn’t answered that part of the question). If you used everydns.com, then you need to login to that account and enter the MX record there. If you used the name server of a hosting company like byethost.com\ bluehost.com\ cable &wireless hosting etc.. them you need to login to their cpanel and make the changes there or request tech support to do it for you.

Let us know how it goes