Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel 'Free Nights' = Network Overload

i ahvnt notice this stylll.....but i figure it was goin to happen sooner than later

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    same overloading happend tonight .... took like 10mins for me to make a call, and took like 2hr for somebody to eventually get thru to me,
    Bwoy,I think it kinda depends on where you are.
    In Red Hills or driving down Hope Road, don't really have a problem to get out calls around 10PM.

But I was at UWI the other night and even around midnight!, getting
    nuff 'Radio Path Unavailable' on the BB...
    Congestion to kill!!!!

last nite did mad!! we group call up to 8 persons and all international to!, mad ting!! neva had no problem calling neither, as one free 3hr done we mek a nex person call da other....dis maddd

now shHh!
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

Yung_Jah Guest

Unno realize seh Mr. Persuasion cyaan find words to explain the matter all now...bwoy...I guess his first post mek him get some serious headache....and who knows what else.....a heart attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Persuasion View Post
    Dude r u stupid??? How can dere be a network ovaload on a carrier network at nites especially off peak.......????? Let me fill u in on sumthin dude. Wen a carrier operates on 2 or 3 frequencies this gives dem di advantage so that wen dere is a network ovaload on 1 frequency dere is wat is called handover 2 di odda frequency. So Digicel by far has a betta advantage den di odda 2 carriers which aint ****. Cause 900 Mhz networks are much more widely used and betta 4 voice quailty than di 850Mhz frequency. Lesson done for 2day.
    You might have studied some sort of stuff in college but thats theory. What happened last night was practical. Lets pretend that what you say is correct. 3 frequencies...850Mhz, 900Mhz and 1800Mhz. The 850Mhz gets overloaded and handover to the 900Mhz frequency and so on. What will happen when the 1800Mhz frequency gets overloaded? Who or what will it handover to? What will be the result? Will it result in a crashed network or just a regular network overload? I could almost bet you're not in Jamaica. You would have known what happens at stage shows and at christmas time every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    You might have studied some sort of stuff in college but thats theory. What happened last night was practical. Lets pretend that what you say is correct. 3 frequencies...850Mhz, 900Mhz and 1800Mhz. The 850Mhz gets overloaded and handover to the 900Mhz frequency and so on. What will happen when the 1800Mhz frequency gets overloaded? Who or what will it handover to? What will be the result? Will it result in a crashed network or just a regular network overload? I could almost bet you're not in Jamaica. You would have known what happens at stage shows and at christmas time every year.

Leave him be, he's one of those internet know it alls

jomo Guest

i have had NO ISSUES with my post paid making calls...

Mr ******* [I.R.A]_FBi if u had a degree in engineering and new anythin about di network or carriers u use den u woodnt make ****ty comments like dat stupid. Get some toilet paper and wipe di **** cumming from ur mouth...... Simple logics and factual info *****. Moreso I am sure u use di net fi do sum research or homework so use it fi dis info *****...... Mi nuh tek back mi chat....
    Mr Persuasion
    I Will Survive......

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    i have had NO ISSUES with my post paid making calls...
    I think you're in denial. You want the free calls so badly that you keep telling yourself good things abt your postpaid plan.

Maybe i'm wrong though..... maybe u like making free calls only on a sunday....lol lol lol
    Money is the root of my Happiness

Postpaid or prepaid di ppl dem promo work cause I use both network Sims and dem work fi me. Sumthin wrong wid unuh fones or Sims.......
    Mr Persuasion
    I Will Survive......