Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel 'Free Nights' = Network Overload

Digicel must sort out their network to facilitate this!!!

Imagine you are in an emergency or trouble/distress
    and have your phone equipped with credit.
    You try calling for help and constantly getting network error,
    you then send a text message after several attempts to get your
    call answer. The text was not notice, what do you do?
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Ok I'm officially PISSED!!!! It's 1 o'clock and I just got off the phone. Now i cant sleep and i'm forced to find something to do...
    I wish digicel had video calling so this girl could see me sleeping on the phone...lol
    Money is the root of my Happiness

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dj View Post
    Ok I'm officially PISSED!!!! It's 1 o'clock and I just got off the phone. Now i cant sleep and i'm forced to find something to do...
    I wish digicel had video calling so this girl could see me sleeping on the phone...lol
    MSN messenger, Yahoo messenger, ... on a web cam
    until clarro 3G ready.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Persuasion View Post
    Dude r u stupid??? How can dere be a network ovaload on a carrier network at nites especially off peak.......????? Let me fill u in on sumthin dude. Wen a carrier operates on 2 or 3 frequencies this gives dem di advantage so that wen dere is a network ovaload on 1 frequency dere is wat is called handover 2 di odda frequency. So Digicel by far has a betta advantage den di odda 2 carriers which aint ****. Cause 900 Mhz networks are much more widely used and betta 4 voice quailty than di 850Mhz frequency. Lesson done for 2day.
    Big man is simple a network overload because with 2 million subscribers trying to make free calls will result in a network overload, simple. Whether it be 900 freq or 1800 freq everything has its capacity. What are you trying to say about this off peak foolishness, common sense would have told you that off peak rates are cheaper therefore more people are trying to make calls thus increasing the chance of congestion. It kinda mess up still but it is expectable.

It seems that your eloquent display of telecoms knowledge showed that you don't know much about about telecoms at all. lol
    Last edited by Lukecon; Nov 8, 2008 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukecon View Post
    Big man is simple a network overload because with 2 million subscribers trying to make free calls will result in a network overload, simple. Whether it be 900 freq or 1800 freq everything has its capacity. What are you trying to say about this off peak foolishness, common sense would have told you that off peak rates are cheaper therefore more people are trying to make calls thus increasing the chance of congestion. It kinda mess up still but it is expectable.

It seems that your eloquent display of telecoms knowledge showed that you don't know much about about telecoms at all. lol
    I agree it is simply a matter of congestion as so many persons are staying up at nights to get in on the FREENESS and clogging the network in the process hence dropped calls and network busy messages.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

same overloading happend tonight .... took like 10mins for me to make a call, and took like 2hr for somebody to eventually get thru to me,
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Hmm. I only made a few attempts last night but I got through.

I guess this will eventually cool off a bit...I hope.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    Hmm. I only made a few attempts last night but I got through.

I guess this will eventually cool off a bit...I hope.
    By later this week ppl won't be so excited, since it just start everyone making use of it as me bredrin say him nuh need nuh vip with this

this mr persuasion should change his name to mr digicel? even if digi (or any company was paying me) i dont care about any company, i hate brand loyalist freaks, moreso brand freaks who continue to feed trolls of a company.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    By later this week ppl won't be so excited, since it just start everyone making use of it as me bredrin say him nuh need nuh vip with this
    Wolfman this is Jamaica and people love FREENESS no backfoot....Frankly I think the network will remain crowded for sometime especially since this is a special promotion....and I know the weekends will be even MAD CRAZY to get through cause most persons are up partying and the works.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991