Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real Programmers

igodit Guest

Default Re:Real Programmers

I understand all that, and I'm like that too. you never really see the problem unless you are familiar with the inner workings of the code and you have to look at the code to see it.

I develop web interfaces for all my web apps in Dreamweaver, not going to waste time doing something in notepad while I can do it in one click.

But when it comes to writing VB scripts and stored procedures they code is the best way to approach it because it gives yout hat level of control.

[quote author=igodit link=board=19;threadid=723;start=0#msg13519 date=1059677958]
    But when it comes to writing VB scripts and stored procedures they code is the best way to approach it because it gives yout hat level of control.
    [/quote]

This is what the elders use to distinguish a REAL coder from a code monkey or kludger. Most kludgers' cannot do what you can do behind the scenes... thats the kind of coder they dispise. ITS not your tools my friend its what you know.

--regards
    Gillion

That's why I just laugh when I see some guys hyping up themselves over some little telnet apps and other kids stuff. When I was @ Cast/Utech Beckles, Saga, Harry Campbell and many others used to write kick a** code to talk to devices like mouse and VGA. I actually wrote my own ray caster. I my concept real programmers don't depend on M$ api to write code. The can use vi or other simple editors to write raw Iron code
    Ok, really it isnt much to hype up over little telnet apps, but to say that real programmers dont depend on MS API is totally not true. I know tons of real, REAL programmers who wouldnt consider writing real world applications for use by probably Windows users without using MS API, why? because although you get a certain satisfaction from talking straight to devices yourself. It just cant be done for every single device out there and its a damn waste of time, thats why the API was created in the first place. Whether you use API functions or not. I'd consider you to be a real programmer if your code does exactly what you want it to do, and it is efficient, secure and full with functionality. When you write applications, no matter how you write them that people can actually use and want to use. Then you are a real programmer. End of story. Thats my opinion anyway