Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use another remote with Flow Cable Box

Default Use another remote with Flow Cable Box

Can I use a programmable remote control with my flow cable box, or do i have to use the one given to me by the company (flow).

Thanks!!
    Twain Spiddarr Ha! HA! Ha! HA!

The flow remote is a universal remote so aguess as long as u use a universal remote ur good to go.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    The flow remote is a universal remote so aguess as long as u use a universal remote ur good to go.
    Yeah u just need to push in the code but are you going to buy a universal remote because if so i think slow would be more than happy to sell you a replacement that may be cheaper.
    Shhhh!I see dead people!

Yea u can use a universal remote wit it. I had2 get another universal remote cuz flow remote not connectin wit my tv. Juz remember flow use motorola boxes and ur good2 go.
    Last edited by cavalier; Nov 1, 2008 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalier View Post
    Yea u can use a universal remote wit it. I had2 get another universal remote cuz flow remote not connectin wit my tv. Juz remember flow use motorola boxes and ur good2 go.
    I have the same problem, tried programming the tv using random coding didn't work. I have had it worked before though.
    Shhhh!I see dead people!

Quote Originally Posted by MG Kelly View Post
    I have the same problem, tried programming the tv using random coding didn't work. I have had it worked before though.
    Actually i got it 2wrk last nite. I found a manual and the codes, mayb it can help u2.

http://www.sunwave.net/PDF/CheckMate_V_RT-U50.pdf

I don't like flows remote control, I have a digital one that should control everything (including my ceiling fan lol), but for some reason it doesn't work with the cable box, whats the brand of the box?, and does each box have a special serial number or are they all the same.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twain View Post
    I don't like flows remote control, I have a digital one that should control everything (including my ceiling fan lol), but for some reason it doesn't work with the cable box, whats the brand of the box?, and does each box have a special serial number or are they all the same.

Thanks
    They use motorola boxes.

Motorola yes, but do they each have a specific serial number. I tried Motorola, but then the site asked me for a serial number, on my box, cant find any (wonder if they gave me a ld box), I looked on every inch of if, but still no serial number. I wonder If i have the correct box, could someone attatch some pics of what their box looks like.

Thanks!!

Flow issues Motorola DCT700 All-Digital Cable Set-top to consumers.
    http://www.motorola.com/business/v/i...008406b00aRCRD