Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heatsink for AMD?

Default Heatsink for AMD?

???
    Where can i get a overclocking heatsink for a AMD processor?

Default Re:Heatsink for AMD?

I doubt i have seen any good overclocking heatsinks locally, you may have to look abroad to get one, try frozencpu.com, they have some pretty cool overclocking hardware.

check if you can increase your fan speed, that will normally tolerate a few megs of speed maybe an onboard fan resistor? ;D

das if yu can stan di noise it gway mek inna yu eaz! :P

watch the temp in the bios though 8)

First of the best condcutor of heat is COPPER.

I use and recommend the

Heat Pipe ScktA/S370 Copper HSF - US$34. 00

Specifications

PART#: HHC-001
    36.11CFM, 6800RPM Fan
    3 pin RPM Monitoring Fan
    Dimensions

FAN: 60x60x25mm
    HEATSINK: 80 x 60 x 44mm
    Applications

AMD Athlon up to 1.4 Ghz
    Athlon XP up to 2700+
    Duron up to 1.7 Ghz
    Intel P III CuMine 1.13 GHz+
    P III Tualatin up to 2.2 GHz
    Celeron 1.2GHz+

coupled with Fan Speed Controller - US$ 6.00

i get upwards of 6800rpm outa the fan, my cpu temp is in the thirty's even bumpin up the voltage and then overclockin my 1900+ (1.6??GHz) by 300 Mhz (1.9??Ghz)

Runs smooth too, and also try and take air out of the case so the internal temp is cooler a well.

3D Mark actually shows improved performance on the processor speed test but my vid card is only a 32MB DDR radeon so its kinda weak now.

thats a pretty hgih enough speed for the fan. is it liquid bearings? if its ball, then it wont be long before its gonna start complaining. you will hear it at startup.

try adding 2 fans if you havent already. 1 to push in and 1 to take out of the case.

on any machines that i overclock, i tend to leave the case sides off. especially as im always fiddling with it anyway. tends to run cooler then.

temp in the 30's is very good. when it starts bubbling up in the 4o' region or more, then start backing off the megs. get one of those software utilities that will show the temp without going into bios and run a benchmark test on it. that way you can see how the temp rises over time while the proccessor is being stressed.

most times, the cooler supplied is good enough. i find the cooler master range is pretty good. unless you wanna go for something elaborate.

if the temp looks like it rises too much, then strip the heatsink of the phase change temp strip or material, clean it off and replace with normal heatsink gel. be gentle with it though... ;D

remember! the higher you clock, the more errors you are likely to get as the chip becomes unstable and the chances increases the longer the machine is on. look for slow downs and lock ups or events that require frequent reboots. back it off until it runs sweet over time. its the best test.

Right now I wanna change my heatsink to a ThermalRight SLK-900U. Search for it and read the reviews.

I am planning to buy a XP 2600 chip, can anyone recommend and good heatsink + fan???

"Vantec AeroFlow VA4-C7040 AMD Athlon XP heatsink"

or

"ThermalRight SLK-900U"

[quote author=devnull link=board=3;threadid=719;start=0#msg7574 date=1054908309]
    "Vantec AeroFlow VA4-C7040 AMD Athlon XP heatsink"

or

"ThermalRight SLK-900U"
    [/quote]

I looked at the reviews for the SLK-900U and i must say.... WOW!!!

That thing is a monster when it comes to lowering your processor temp!
    I would recommend it to everyone who wants to do overclocking but don't wanna get into the intricacies of water cooling and the likes.

I checked out the Vantec fan + heatsink combo and we could get it for $50.00