Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the prob. if my C&W modem keeps disconnecting?

I have a similar problem except that it occurs whenever there is a lightning storm. it just happens that the modem seems to reset every time lightning flashes.

And as usual Cable and wireless have no clue as to what the problem is.

What is your line provisioned for? In a scenario I observed, it was provisioned for 4096/768 which the wiring and the distance from the exchange could not support which was also verified by the line conditioning tests performed by a technician. It dropped after 10mins and the modem had to be rebooted. It was lowered to 2048/512 and stability returned. Unfortunately in an effort to compete with competition customers speeds were unknowingly upgraded and it caused instability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    What is your line provisioned for? In a scenario I observed, it was provisioned for 4096/768 which the wiring and the distance from the exchange could not support which was also verified by the line conditioning tests performed by a technician. It dropped after 10mins and the modem had to be rebooted. It was lowered to 2048/512 and stability returned. Unfortunately in an effort to compete with competition customers speeds were unknowingly upgraded and it caused instability issues.
    Exactly..that is the issue most of the time..some customer want speeds they cant get when they do get it and have stability problems they complain.
    If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it

dunno how related or unrelated it is but my connection drops whenever the phone rings or I make a call. a call to c&w cc didn't help. the csr was pleasant, answered on first ring too, but she couldn't help me. ma modem got fried and they called and asked the type I had, I told tech speedtoush 530 and they came in, changed lines and left a paradign instead (I wasn't there). annoys me cuz I have to wait till the modem finds connectivity, then my wifi router to find the network b4 I can use the net
    Last edited by ShadowWolfe Hellscream; Oct 31, 2008 at 06:41 PM.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    dunno how related or unrelated it is but my connection drops whenever the phone rings or I make a call. a call to c&w cc didn't help. the csr was pleasant, answered on first ring too, but she couldn't help me. ma modem got fried and they called and asked the type I had, I told tech speedtoush 530 and they came in, changed lines and left a paradign instead (I wasn't there). annoys me cuz I have to wait till the modem finds connectivity, then my wifi router to find the network b4 I can use the net

Pwnt?

My connection like never drops.. www.flowjamaica.com, best thing since 56k
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

unfortunately, flow in mndvl isn't a widespread thing and since it's my moms name on the account I can't just switch. is so when u have problems u just switch? door cah close buy a new one, remote not working buy a new one, sro not working.....lol, isp not working buy a new one...wheres that problem solving attitude

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    dunno how related or unrelated it is but my connection drops whenever the phone rings or I make a call.
    I think this may have been caused by a bad splitter or no splitter, whenever I take the splitter off my modem that happens.
    PC Chips is the best motherboard maker eva !!!

it can be a power problem at your house, try plugging out heavy equpment such as ur refrigerator, washing machine etc when ur using the modem

Shadow we talkin about CW, i mean LIME... NO problem solving attitude will help. get a new isp yes lol
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

lol charm thx knight I'll try buying a new splitter. I dunno how feasable plugging out the fridge would be cuz I use internet 24/7