Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the prob. if my C&W modem keeps disconnecting?

Question What the prob. if my C&W modem keeps disconnecting?

Yea..im running on a C&W modem...and the internet rufuses to last for a while..as in.....

I would be surfing the net and in like 30 mins. or a likkle more..my net goes..i then would have to go to the modem and plug out its power plug to reboot it..and then i would have a wait of like 5-10 mins b4 its back up..I have been havin this problem for over 11 months..I want to kno..

Is it a problem wid di network provider(C&W)...or is it that a need a new modem?????????

Could be the provider, could be that you need a new modem. Or maybe something causing some interference on your line.

What kinda modem u using ?

and when the net goes, if you leave the modem be, would the service return and how long?
    PC Chips is the best motherboard maker eva !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
    Yea..im running on a C&W modem...and the internet rufuses to last for a while..as in.....

I would be surfing the net and in like 30 mins. or a likkle more..my net goes..i then would have to go to the modem and plug out its power plug to reboot it..and then i would have a wait of like 5-10 mins b4 its back up..I have been havin this problem for over 11 months..I want to kno..

Is it a problem wid di network provider(C&W)...or is it that a need a new modem?????????
    Its Your DSL line that is giving the problem, i remember having this probly back in the days when i had CW DSL (2years ago) and Flow was like the mecca of deliverance.

I got a new modem but the problem persisted.

What I can tell you from my experience is that you need to get a technician come in test/check the line. I had them come in one day and not even the technicians could determine the problem, it was still dropping connection. I solved that by switching to flow. Good luck.
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I think the first and easiest step would be to get the modem replaced and take it from there. When you call customer care, whats their suggestion?
    Only we can save us.

It seems to be a CW issue. I am having the same problem. No help from customer service. They only say that everything seems okay on their end.

A technician is supposed to visit to fix. I have had no problems with this ADSL since I got it installed. This is the first issue. However, I know how hard it is to get CW to fix things.

If nothing happens soon, I may have to switch. When CW works it works. When it doesn't work, it takes too much effort to get things fixed. I don't have that type of patience these days.

Is the modem in Kingston? If so what part?

FLOW has its own problems so I guess we will be screwed either way.

.....i had the same thing happen to me, i discontinued their service

they changed my modem three times and the problem was still not resolved.
    hp touchsmart 610 1030f

Quote Originally Posted by KoyoteGambit View Post
    I think the first and easiest step would be to get the modem replaced and take it from there. When you call customer care, whats their suggestion?
    Koyote stop tell the man waste his money and change modem it wont help, i had this exact same problem likewise others... a new modem not going solve nothing. Is something wrong with their wiring

The only way i solved the case was to discontinue their service.

Listen to another case.

Quote Originally Posted by nuhsenutten View Post
    .....i had the same thing happen to me, i discontinued their service

they changed my modem three times and the problem was still not resolved.
    Last edited by madcats99; Nov 10, 2008 at 07:03 PM.
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post

When it disconnects does your DSL & Internet light go out? I have the same problem with a modem i have but it happens mostly when the environ. is over cast ! Have a technician come look at it, It could be the line leading to ur property or the modem the technician should be able to confirm.

Right now i'm using Digicel Wimax and it has been great so far.
    Shhhh!I see dead people!

As I saw this thread the answer just popped in my head....It is there service that has the issues, not any modem, not any incorrect connections on your PC. C&WJ has had this issue for a long time and my experience was that the modem did a RESET like every 10-15 minutes constantly no matter what time of day....the only solution to this is to move with the FLOW....Nuh said and I am sure the other members will agree.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    As I saw this thread the answer just popped in my head....It is there service that has the issues, not any modem, not any incorrect connections on your PC. C&WJ has had this issue for a long time and my experience was that the modem did a RESET like every 10-15 minutes constantly no matter what time of day....the only solution to this is to move with the FLOW....Nuh said and I am sure the other members will agree.
    In agreement, i think C&W needs to spend some money to run new cables and do proper repairs and maintenance to their equipments.
    Shhhh!I see dead people!