Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What the prob. if my C&W modem keeps disconnecting?

this happens to me too. but i have a router connected to the modem so i dunno wich one a them causing it. c&w or lime or w/e sed that sometimes u jus hav to reset the modem wen i ask them y she a go roun so i still dont hav an answer

try using static ip addresses for you computer.....turn of dhcp

This problem has started to affect me too. I called their customer service when all my modem lights were on (and I had no service) and they said everything was fine on their end.

What is funny though is that...it affects my connection partially at times. I am able to sign into for instance Digsby all in one messenger, but not Yahoo! or Windows Live. It also affects my ability to browse and download email via Windows Live Mail or Outlook.

Turning off the modem does not work...resetting in Windows Vista nothing. The only solution is to restart the PC and this is tedious considering I have to do this several times each day.

I am not able to access the modem page to disconnect/reconnect from there either. Page refuses to load. Funny thing...at times when I start the system in Safe Mode with Networking...I seem to get more time to browse and the problem either doesn't show as much or doesn't occur. Maybe it could be that I don't spend enough time in Safe Mode to really know. We all know Safe Mode is very limited.

Someone said to me maybe it's a DNS issue? This is my 2nd modem...my first modem was the Paradyne and it worked up until the power adapter went. I have forgotten the name of that Electronics store in HWT that I was told I could take the power adapter to have it repaired. Someone remind me?

I did get a used SpeedTouch from a friend who had switched to Flow and it was working for the most part up until I started having this issue. Another thing to note too with the modem...I unplug my devices when I leave my room but when I come home...plug in...and watch the modem...it is stuck on the red and I have turn it off quickly and back on, unplug or whatever works to get all lights to come on.

So I wonder if it's a case where the modem is about to bite the dust? I am no longer under warranty...so getting a modem is definitely out the question...just the same as switching to another provider. (FLOW you suckers won't come here!)

So what then is the issue?
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+