Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Couriers and Ur experiences

Default Global Couriers and Ur experiences

I in particular want to know what i can bring in a 80$ or less case for using any of the couriers so if anyone has done so recently pls say what happened.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

They go off the WEIGHT and PRICE. If it's COMPUTER ACCESSORIES then there is no CUSTOMS DUTY. As a rule, I just add 30% to everything - 40% to some others like JEWELERY - and that way if I go and it's less I don't have a problem.

You can check the websites of the different shipping providers, and they will give you an idea what the cost is based on the weight.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

so u doh pay customs duty on any pc part jus shippin weight an das it?

Ya Rizzle thats correct my problem with Global is currently they have disgusting service times for some reason items starting to take a week or two to arrive and their customer service is sad its a combination of not being professional and being ill mannered
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Not just weight n price, but DIMENSIONS (hightxwidthxbreath). i was checking on a case thursday @ ebiz n was told if the items costs less than $100 u pay only shipping or something like that.

i was also told the average price to import a 20 lbs case is about $3000- $3500
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Whoa whoa Dan item over all, computer item or for cases because if the item cost less that USD$100 then all you pay is shipping they would be losing alot of money and I highly doubt a Jamaican store emphasis on "Jamaican" would make such a move. Please confirm that and don't just ask one person because idiots are often in establishments that relay wrong information so if 2-3 person tell you that same thing then I need to head to Ebiz. Ya but its usually by dimensions and weight as Dan stated
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Whoa whoa Dan item over all, computer item or for cases because if the item cost less that USD$100 then all you pay is shipping they would be losing alot of money and I highly doubt a Jamaican store emphasis on "Jamaican" would make such a move. Please confirm that and don't just ask one person because idiots are often in establishments that relay wrong information so if 2-3 person tell you that same thing then I need to head to Ebiz. Ya but its usually by dimensions and weight as Dan stated
    monday i'll confirm. but the person said that the case is considered apart of the PC, so even if u pay taxes it would only be 2.5% which cyaan reach $500.00
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Quote Originally Posted by danthony View Post
    i was checking on a case thursday @ ebiz n was told if the items costs less than $100 u pay only shipping or something like that.
    I have signed up with them but yet to use their service and I was told the same

Give Quickmail Jamaica a call and ask for a quote

Angry

Hey i can tell u guys that Global Couriers is Now utter garbage!! no questions ask! Now back in the days when they first started everything was pronto and on time... now orders take forever an no1 seems to kno anything about ur orders till them come, if an when they come!
    I remember days when i order n the order was placed right there and then, and within days amounting to nearly a week or a week tops my shipment was in an also i could receive tracking info so i caould keep abreast of my package.... then global was sweet.

Now I think everything went Haywire when they stated Advertising, and out of nowhere a massive customer base till when i go to pickup order d line curlup inside. Worst when u order now them say give them 2 day to put it through! Orders now take two to two and a half weeks to reach ja depending on if them neva max di card an u affi wait likkle longer. No problem a mean u want business an business cum, but the service is now down to a snail pace or downright unacceptable. Frustration comes to mind now when any1 asks about global they r now getting this massive customer base n is milkin the small resources they hav to make maximum profit an in the end the customers suffer... i've had it with global couriers, my take I'd find sum where else as currently its a monopoly an customers r held at ransom
    Last edited by 3GigaJoules; Oct 25, 2008 at 01:00 PM.
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 5.2Ghz|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe|G-Skill DDR3 8Gb(2000Mhz)|Zalman CNPS9900MAX|EVGA SSC GTX680 2GB| Corsair 32GB SSD | SG 500Gb 32mb| WD 500Gb 16mb|WD 640 Caviar Black 32mb|TT Level 10 GT w/25cm Fan|Corsair 650w TX|X-fi Titanium| OS: OSX $nowLeopard 10.6 {Hackintosh}|Ubuntu 10||Windows 7 Ult| DELL U2310 LCD