Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Online Work for Skilled Professionals!

Thumbs up Online Work for Skilled Professionals!

My fellow Techjamaica users I recently found a site which allows users all around the world to post online jobs for you to do and you bid a price to do the job. Jobs range from data entry up to programming, really depends on your skills. Best of all its FREE and this is not some some network marketing scam this is a site where you sign up as a contractor to work and get paid. How do you get paid you ask? You can sign up for a mastercard debit card which cost 9.95 which they send to you for "free" and they deduct that amount from the first time the card is loaded with your payments.

People make real careers off this site, the more qualified you are the better. Rates run anywhere from US$1 an hour up to US$1000 depends on your qualifications.

As I said its free, so click below to read up more and understand it fully:

http://www.odesk.com
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Oct 26, 2008 at 01:16 AM. Reason: removed refferal

when u get some Jobs and get Paid let us know....

Have you tried it....

Yeh I have but its a straight up RAFFLE One in a million chances of you being picked for the job over some indian guy who would work for 1dollar

Quote Originally Posted by MadHacker View Post
    Yeh I have but its a straight up RAFFLE One in a million chances of you being picked for the job over some indian guy who would work for 1dollar
    A IEDIAT TING DAT!!!

I see some there working for 0.25 cents an hour. What kind of a place is that? You mean to tell me that at the end of an eight hour working day you earn a total of $2.00! That's approximately $140.00 jamaican for the day.

Imagine going to work eight hours a day, five days a week and taking home $700.00 at the end of a full working week.

A IEDIAT TING DAT!!!
    So I Heard You Liek Mudkipz?

Quote Originally Posted by Juelz View Post
    A IEDIAT TING DAT!!!

I see some there working for 0.25 cents an hour. What kind of a place is that? You mean to tell me that at the end of an eight hour working day you earn a total of $2.00! That's approximately $140.00 jamaican for the day.

Imagine going to work eight hours a day, five days a week and taking home $700.00 at the end of a full working week.

A IEDIAT TING DAT!!!
    Bowy u lucky reach that far one in a million chance

Yes it works! You guys are looking on the simpler jobs where are my programmers? Those jobs command up to $200US an hr not like data entry for a $1.

Its tru indians clog up the site yes, but some work jus easy for a likkle extra funds still.......

Default Beware of sites that ask you for $$ to get a job

Think about how many people pay that $9.95 and how much is made simply from those "donations".

It is hard to get a job when some person is out there offering a lot less to do work than most people who work to make a living offer.

I'm an experienced virtual worker and a member of that ODesk site, among many others and I have yet to get a project from ODesk. Not saying you can't you just have to do some research and don't sit around thinking you can get fast easy money. It's not like that at all.

Also you have to look out for people who will "hire" you for work and in the end just disappear off the radar when time come to pay you. This happens with small business owners and just individuals who want a one-time project done and figure this is a way they can scam work time out of some innocent guy who thinks they will have a long term job.

You want an online job? It's high risk especially if you have no experience and it's not with a known registered business. Even those could just vanish one day when you think all is going well and you looking for work just to find out they're gone out of business and don't tell you.

So anyone who thinks it's easy or says it's easy isn't telling the full story.
    Always do Right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest!

I kinda think you need a visa and work permit to "work in" the U.S. unless you get lucky and get some connection through a U.S. company that has a subsidiary in Jamaica or other place that will hire overseas workers.

There are a lot of Tech jobs you can do remotely, but most require you to have proper immigration documents and most require you to do some traveling.

For instance, Tech companies in India may require that you have some legal documentation to work virtually from India. But that's not likely since most Indian companies are stationed in country and hire local workers ... mostly Indians.

Off topic: I notice the article on setting up call center and customer service operations in Jamaica. I can't begin to imagine why Jamaica can't set it up why they have to practically give the Indians our valuable rich land for little or no $ so they can make millions working virtually in Jamaica. But seems that Jamaica is all about gimme money and take all my valuables and who cares how much u give me as long as it's quick money. It's crazy but that's how it is.

MORAL OF THE STORY: If it's too easy ... not worth it.

Most Jamaicans are entrepreneurs and know that working for yourself is 4x as hard as if you were to just go to an office 8 hours a day. So whether it's virtual or otherwise being an entrepreneur is not for those who want to sit about and wait for money to fly into their hands.
    Always do Right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest!

I joined odesk in 2008. Didn't get a job till summer 2010, probably my fault for not sticking it out and applying for as many jobs as I could manage. You have to handle it right, you basically do job interviews 5-10 times per day. Got a good job november 2010. I'm earning a proper salary right now.
    Intel i5 3570k (Unlocked), 16 Gb Ram DDR3, HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB WD Black 2TB HD, Gigabyte Wind-force ATI R270 OC Gpu, Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H MB , EVGA 500W PS, 64GB SSD
    i5 3570, ECS H67H2-I, AMD Radeon HD 2GB 6670, Corsair 16 GB PC312800, WD Black 2TB x 2, 64GB SSD