Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does it make sense to buy any antivirus?

I think you all are getting my question totally wrong, read again ...

Does it make sense to BUY any antivirus?

After seeing that none of them provide complete protection, it doesn't seem sensible to use my money on paid ones. I will just forever stick to AVG and let it detect what it can, and whatever it cannot detect will slip by as usual. The same bloody thing is gonna happen if you pay for an antivirus program, so it doesn't make sense giving up your money for it. That's my point...
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

Quote Originally Posted by digimon View Post
    Anti viruses business thrive because people are not so educated on how virus spread. they do not take preventative measures to minimize risk of getting infected.

I only use zone alarm (not antivirus) but OS firewall to detect program's malicious activity.
    I also disable all autorun (thumbdrive, brontok anyone?)

so right now, i have no antivirus
    So basically you could be hella infected with Rootkits which are uploading your machine to the world and u would never know ?
    Last edited by Nestersan; Oct 24, 2008 at 05:33 PM.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    So basically you could be hella infected with Rootkit a upload your machine to the world and u would never know ?
    but with how them antivirus yah deh gwaan yah now, you wouldn't know anyway
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

If Avast Home wasn't free, I'd buy it. came highly recommended years ago and hasn't failed me yet.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

I think that we are responsible of getting a virus. Most antivirus products are good. 99.9% of viruses are self executable. We have to 'start' 'it' up before 'it' do its damage. And yes...disable all autorun features and u will be ok. Currently I have virus sitting on my machine. Im looking at it and it can only activate if I double click on it
    Just an average web developer.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    If Avast Home wasn't free, I'd buy it. came highly recommended years ago and hasn't failed me yet.

Running Avast Professional Edition fully updated it has never failed me
    Email : malco1987@hotmail.com| LIME :342-9787 | DIGICEL : 406-4604

One Stop Software Downloads
    www.filehippo.com

Free anti virus has wrked out4 me so far and i always backup incase it fails.

Quote Originally Posted by malco1987 View Post

Running Avast Professional Edition fully updated it has never failed me
    Pretty good still but I think Norton Endpoint is true champion when it comes protecting users from the SCUM of the internet. Well for that price it better be good still, or else? LOL.....
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

digimon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    So basically you could be hella infected with Rootkits which are uploading your machine to the world and u would never know ?
    The zone alarm would let me know which programs are accessing the internet. Thus i could kill it. I also occasionally install avast pro and scan my computer. Found nothing, i just uninstall it and play it safe once more.

i mean wats the 74 mb the fa avast i mean it realli doe mek nuh sense u uninstall it avast doe do nuttin extra to u computer if is space issues u havin i understand an avast pro an windows firewall neva fail me yet either
    BB:Pin pm me