Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Map Marker, Group. lets start mapping

Quote Originally Posted by noreik23 View Post
    Actually it isn't, I live in the area so i'm a bit keen on where is should...in fact where it is now would indicate that the shopping centre is located in Duhaney Park...can u moderate on the weymoth drive and lindale ave ones?
    i did i alone cant moderate a point i have added my moderation now other users have to confirm what i recommend is creating a neighborhood around the entire island of jamaica. This way when a user makes a change all persons that are labeling that region in this case it would be all of jamaica will be notified of the change and moderate as soon as they get it.

to do this you click on my mapmarker zoom out till you can see all of jamaica but only jamaica not the islands around it, then

then click on neighborhood
    then add new neighborhood
    give your neighborhood a name
    then click next
    select how often you want to get updates.
    Last edited by VRTECJA; Oct 19, 2008 at 07:08 PM.
    Remember to take a look at http://www.google.com/mapmaker

can someone fix priory high schoool, the school actually close down and the prep school on the compound dont recall the name use the property now.
    Phoqry

Good Link V... Bubba make we done the scheme lol

Angry

know how much time this time out grrrr
    Phoqry

A lot of roads in Montego Bay are one-way, but the person(s) who originally put them in, had them as two way. Also, some of the roads are wrong e.g. Leader Avenue only extends as far south up to Albion Street (by Cornwall College) and Orange Street starts from that intersection and continues south. I'm not able to make the one-way corrections as each tiny piece needs to be approved before the next section can be edited.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    A lot of roads in Montego Bay are one-way, but the person(s) who originally put them in, had them as two way. Also, some of the roads are wrong e.g. Leader Avenue only extends as far south up to Albion Street (by Cornwall College) and Orange Street starts from that intersection and continues south. I'm not able to make the one-way corrections as each tiny piece needs to be approved before the next section can be edited.
    when you click on the road for edit and the bubble come up click on edit but then select
    edit entire road section

When labeling roads please change speed of the road this seems to make publishing faster
    Last edited by VRTECJA; Oct 20, 2008 at 09:08 AM.

Ah, OK I see. But where the road has been made too long, past an intersection where the other road should have started this option selects the entire road - not from the intersection down. There should be an option to "end road here", or "cut road from here to there".

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    Ah, OK I see. But where the road has been made too long, past an intersection where the other road should have started this option selects the entire road - not from the intersection down. There should be an option to "end road here", or "cut road from here to there".
    this is something i find a problem with i tend to ignore that road, i figure there are updates coming out to address this or there is something i don't know what to do but i just label other roads and leave those for later.

i sent arc angel a message trying to get this sticky he said he would talk to the other mods so try, thanks.

I see the maps are more than three years old. The new highway that runs by Blue Diamond shopping centre doesn't even show being dug up yet - and that was started way back when.

I also notice the map or road shifts slightly from day to day view and sometimes what's drawn shifts to the right. This may be why the moderators keep asking me to adjust the lines. But when I view them the lines are correct and the roads on the map or shapes haveshifted slightly to the right.

RIP Ramesh ...

google just launch there own satellite for taking pictures so updates will come soon just label what you know.