Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Map Marker, Group. lets start mapping

I just want to get the word out about this yes you did a very good job on St James Street, the people who did this for google are in India i am talking to people who will try to contact so that we can get the details officially published ASAP
    Remember to take a look at http://www.google.com/mapmaker

How simple is it to add the name of a road?
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by noreik23 View Post
    How simple is it to add the name of a road?
    Click the Add line button, select "Road", click start point, intervening points, end point. Press Enter to complete the line and name the road. Edit the road to add other information such as one-way, surface type, number of lanes, etc.

Your contribution will be reviewed and accepted by their moderators.

If the road is already there, you can edit it to add details, names etc.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

I think this just answered my question....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXD2yTOjXe4

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    Click the Add line button, select "Road", click start point, intervening points, end point. Press Enter to complete the line and name the road. Edit the road to add other information such as one-way, surface type, number of lanes, etc.

Thanks Ramesh, I think this is a lovely tool

I tried doing this several times and I kept getting the same error message. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Arch_Angel; Oct 19, 2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post

If the road is already there, you can edit it to add details, names etc.
    ramesh we are the moderators when you log in zoom out and click on moderate or refresh moderate list and you will see all additions that are pending moderation even you can moderate, anyone can moderate its just that the more you label the more you are trusted and overtime the additions that we moderate and confirm will be added to the official map

http://sites.google.com/site/mapmake...p/introduction

I tried doing this several times and I kept getting the same error message. What am I doing wrong?
    seems as if you are trying to make a road that is already there not label it please take a look here http://sites.google.com/site/mapmake...p/introduction
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Oct 19, 2008 at 04:59 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts again

Can someone moderate Weymouth Drive and Lindale Avenue for me...

Nex thing the Boulevard Shopping Centre is incorrectly placed how do I move to where it ought to be...do I drag it?
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu

I went on a tagging storm calabar,queens,lee's food fair super and constant spring post office put in address and all. this is what i got

Google
    Error

We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.
    Phoqry

Quote Originally Posted by jamerican View Post
    I went on a tagging storm calabar,queens,lee's food fair super and constant spring post office. this is what i got Google
    Error

We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.
    i moderated all those so i guess they went through, just slow it down for google it is important that the info is accurate.

Can someone moderate Weymouth Drive and Lindale Avenue for me...

Nex thing the Boulevard Shopping Centre is incorrectly placed how do I move to where it ought to be...do I drag it?
    yes i believe you can but boulevard shopping centre looks good to me
    Last edited by VRTECJA; Oct 19, 2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts for the millionth time!!! HINT HINT

Quote Originally Posted by VRTECJA View Post
    i moderated all those so i guess they went through, just slow it down for google it is important that the info is accurate.

yes i believe you can but boulevard shopping centre looks good to me
    Actually it isn't, I live in the area so i'm a bit keen on where is should...in fact where it is now would indicate that the shopping centre is located in Duhaney Park...can u moderate on the weymoth drive and lindale ave ones?
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu

Pretty neat but I'm trying to edit some streets in Mineral Heights and it's claiming that the City has to be Sandy Bay. I don't recall living in Sandy Bay :S. Will see if I can fix it.

Edit: Mineral Heights is the housing scheme beside the roundabout which leads to Mandeville/May Pen/Vere
    Last edited by recursion; Oct 19, 2008 at 07:27 PM.
    28620899862803482534211706798 pi 101