Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **beware**red ants killed my laptop

Angry **beware**red ants killed my laptop

From the other day i noticed my laptop slowing down significantly, so I ran some anti-spy and anti-virus scan and did a disc clean up but it only got worse so I backed up my files on a dvd and began to do a clean install of windows when it died. It shows no sign of life NONE! not even when I plugged in the adapter no life at all. So I took it apart to fine RED ANTS on the motherboard they ate some things on it and I couldn't even KILL them because they were already dead

My Laptop:
    Sony Vaio pcg K-17
    15" screen
    Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
    1 gig Memory
    80g hard Drive
    DVD Burner

That's sad man u mean the big red ants or the ones that follow. Food

Lmao....i know itz not funny but ....the ants were already dead....a Sony Vaio at that... man i can't imagine the feeling....

lol,..lol...you didn't even get your revenge...lol, i never knew ants could brick a laptop, they are real techies

as macka diamond say no eating pan di laptop, lol hush tho yute u need to spray ur house next thing dem tek residence in ur pc or other laptop

Quote Originally Posted by snoop99 View Post
    lol,..lol...you didn't even get your revenge...lol, i never knew ants could brick a laptop, they are real techies
    Yep, I'm sorry you didnt know, the tiny red ants love solder
    (hope thats the correct spelling)
    I knew of a gaming shop that has huge problems with the PS and PS2 because of ants, and recently I saw a PC with the critters literally building a nest on the m/board.
    Only we can save us.

Quote Originally Posted by KoyoteGambit View Post
    Yep, I'm sorry you didnt know, the tiny red ants love solder
    (hope thats the correct spelling)
    I knew of a gaming shop that has huge problems with the PS and PS2 because of ants, and recently I saw a PC with the critters literally building a nest on the m/board.
    Thanks for the info i thought that is food alone those buggers follow

digimon Guest

yeah man, red ants love solder. Is either that or u have a sweet, sweet laptop

Quote Originally Posted by TheMac View Post
    From the other day i noticed my laptop slowing down significantly, so I ran some anti-spy and anti-virus scan and did a disc clean up but it only got worse so I backed up my files on a dvd and began to do a clean install of windows when it died. It shows no sign of life NONE! not even when I plugged in the adapter no life at all. So I took it apart to fine RED ANTS on the motherboard they ate some things on it and I couldn't even KILL them because they were already dead

My Laptop:
    Sony Vaio pcg K-17
    15" screen
    Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
    1 gig Memory
    80g hard Drive
    DVD Burner

What they ate was the Blue/Cyan coloured heat pad between the motherboard' main chipset & the heatsink.

Did u c evidence of some tiny "bluish" sponge inside the lappy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dramatikk View Post
    Lmao....i know itz not funny but ....the ants were already dead....a Sony Vaio at that... man i can't imagine the feeling....

That is a horrible feeling. Anyways did you check to see if you could get a replacement motherboard? Keep us posted on how you resolved this issue.

Damn....Ants!
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991