View Poll Results: Will you switch to Claro Jamaica?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yell yea!!!!.....my digicel and bmobile already in da drain

104 32.50%
  • Mayb just waiting to see what they are coming with

216 67.50%
Page 1 of 367 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Claro 3G Thread

Lightbulb Official Claro 3G Thread

Well its clear that the name 'Miphone' has vanish to the new Claro Jamaica. We are expecting great things and from what we can see in the latest news, its very promising. It also seems to have affright Bmobile in creating there 3G network by next month and Digicel to be giving away end less promotions. The war has began.

This thread serves on keeping everyone posted with Claro's status until the launch date. So post all your updates, thoughts and news here rather than create numerous threads.

I'll start....

This will be updated has information is gathered and verified. soo stay tuned!

last update: 23/03/09

* Claro's website is now up and fully functional with da latest phones and sum promising servises. It can be seen here(claro.com.jm)

* Claro retires the name 'Miphone'. They will not follow the old ways of Miphone neither.

* Claro to release the Iphone and low rates

* Claro's network to be launched next week or after

* Claro will use GSM 850/1900 and HSDPA/UTMS 850MHz bands for 3G/GSM/EDGE services. (more info on HSDPA here)

* Claro will also be operating on previous Miphone CDMA network, but it will be upgraded to EV-DO (more info on EV-DO here)

* Claro has the major phones Digicel and Bmobile does not have. They are all exclusive, check them out here

* Claro's Video calling works!!! and good quality too

* It is said that Claro will have $7/min to call in network, Digicel & Bmobile

* It is said that the Iphone will be available free with Claro's most expensive plan.

* Claro will also have Unlimited data plans.

* Claro release the following plans for prepaid:

EasyConnect
    call all networks for one low flat rate of $11 per minute (includes claro, bmobile, cable & wireless fixed lines, flow and digicel).

Up2DiMinute
    make claro to claro calls & talk unlimited for only $14 per call.

Crossover
    5 networks, 1 low flate rate.
    call claro bmobile, all fixed/land lines, including flow and digicel fixed lines for only $7 per minute.
    call digicel mobile for only $12 per minute.

*Claro to release the following plan for PostPaid(These are active after your bundle minutes are finish):

EasyConnect
    call all networks for one low flat rate starting from $9 per minute (includes claro, bmobile, cable & wireless fixed lines, flow and digicel).

Up2DiMinute
    make claro to claro calls & talk unlimited for only $14 per call.

Crossover
    Call Claro to Claro for only $2.50 per minute.
    call claro bmobile, all fixed/land lines, including flow and digicel fixed lines for only $5 per minute.
    call digicel mobile for only $9 per minute.

*Claro has rollover minutes on Postpaid Plans. Meaning if you have not finish your Minutes before the next month you get it back plus your next month's minutes.

*Claro 3G Internet now working! and fast too. Just Call Customer Care for the settings

*Claro expected prices for Iphone will be $66,000 for 8GB & $77,000 for 16GB(more info to come)

* Claro's Internet Settings are:

Wap
    Access Point(apn): wap.ideasclaro.com.jm
    Ip Address:190.80.147.118
    Port Number: 8080 or 9701
    User Name: (blank)
    Password: (blank)

Internet(on pc or otherwise)
    Access Point(apn): internet.ideasclaro.com.jm
    Port Number: 8080 or 9701
    User Name: (blank)
    Password: (blank)
    * you dont need to have the service provision on your phone first like with digicel, it just works.(diss madd!).

* How to ensure your phone is compatible with Claro 3G network:
    Phones working on Bmobile(lime) network are able to work with Claro's GSM. Triband phones also, both need to be unlocked unless you buy it from Claro. For video calling and 3G Data speeds more than 1Mbps: ensure your phone supports UTMS/HSDPA 850MHz bands.

* Claro automatically sends a msg(like when you check your credit *120#) telling you " Your Call cost $, Your balance is $" same for internet usage " Your Gprs Session cost $, Your balance is $" (dis madd!!)

* Claro now has the Iphone 3G on display and to test out.

* To apply for a job, contact Claro at the following email address: hrm@claro.com.jm . Send Resumes.

*thread will be close up on the launch of claro.
    Last edited by ram130; Mar 23, 2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: --info updated --corrected a point--corrected errors
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

update: http://claro.com.jm no longer works
    correct working link is: http://claro.com.jm/index.php

check out this little snippet on the website...

Claro Network
    Join over 170 million customers…You mean bigger than??? Not even in the same league!

Must Digi dem a bash ha ha and Ram130 very good job puppa, respect due

am i the only person who saw the nokia 5610 xpress music as an exclusive phone? holy *****
    AMD Phenom II x 4 BE @ 3.3GHz, 37 " Visio 120Hz 1080P LCD, Radeon HD4870, 2GB DDR3 RAM ,1TB hard Drive< Genius 5.1 Surround Sound
    561-7757

Quote Originally Posted by jamjosef View Post
    am i the only person who saw the nokia 5610 xpress music as an exclusive phone? holy *****
    Thats the phone I'm looking at now, can't wait to see the others when dem ready fi put dem up deh

Based on the URL changing and the redirects and some of the site looking unfinished I get the impression they not ready to launch the site yet so they might not like us being on there hehe

oh well

lol hey yow dem price is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dem updated the nokia xpress section lil more......

yow claro a charge $20 $19 fi usb cable and $60 fa bluetooth headset??? lol check these links ya out

bluetooth

usb cable
    LiVE LiFE..LeVeL Di ViBEZ.....use to own a mobile site called McNAllySiTE... Google Advocate
    Current System:
    Win10 Pro, Reaper, Reason, Pro Tools, FL Studio
    Network: T-Mobile & Sprint 4G LTE; Current Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5
    I manage: HitzConnect Radio follow me, twitter: @ram130

wat currency dat paarry?????????
    i love my country, but i fear my elected officials
    Call me on 3538447.
    topdogclu @ hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    lol hey yow dem price is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dem updated the nokia xpress section lil more......

yow claro a charge $20 $19 fi usb cable and $60 fa bluetooth headset??? lol check these links ya out

bluetooth

usb cable
    That is likely US dollar prices, when yuh ever hear dem tings deh a guh suh cheap boss?

New handsets in stores so far....Huawei T201 and Sony Ericsson W200i....