Thread: webhost4life

Default webhost4life

I have found a cheap windows(asp.net) hosting site http://www.webhost4life.com. Has anyone hosted or currently hosting a website with this host. If yes, do you suggest i host my website (www.pixJM.com) there?

If anyone knows a good host(asp.net 2.0 or higher), please post the address to that website.
    www.pixJM.com - View and upload photos/videos of what's currently happening in the streets of Jamaica.

I have never used webhost4life, but if you looking for cheap, good hosting with sql server 2005 support, then you need to checkout softsys webhosting. Their service is excellent and support is always available. They are pushing windows server 2008 hosting, but you can still get their windows server 2003 hosting packages here. It's cheaper, but I would suggest you go with the Windows 2008 / IIS7 hosting. Why? Well you get a lot of neat features with IIS7 that you dont get in IIS6 like easier URL rewriting and such, just by editing you web.config file in your site.

Anyhow, give feedback as to what you decide on.

EDIT: I like your website. It looks real nice and professional. Maybe we can link up and do a project in the future.

EDIT AGIAN: you can try Daily Razor too. Thay have a darn good special going on where they triple everything for the package you choose. It finishes in 10 hours though. I hope you cath it.
    Last edited by psybuck2002us; Oct 2, 2008 at 12:43 PM.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

for .net site i recommend http://www.discountasp.net. I'm currently hosting a few sites with them.

I got this when I tried to get to your site

Server Error in '/fatta78' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot open database "fatta78_database" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'DOTNETSPIDER1\fatta78'.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "fatta78_database" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'DOTNETSPIDER1\fatta78'.

Source Error:

Line 887:
    Line 888: cmdCom.Connection = dbConn
    Line 889: dbConn.Open()
    Line 890: Dim sqlAdap As New SqlDataAdapter(cmdCom)
    Line 891: sqlAdap.Fill(dsData)

Source File: C:\MemberSites\MemberSites_AspSpider_Info\fatta78\ webroot\App_Code\clsPictures.vb Line: 889

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database "fatta78_database" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'DOTNETSPIDER1\fatta78'.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +800131
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +186
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1932
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Com pleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) +33
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Att emptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) +172
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Log inNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) +381
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Ope nLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +181
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ct or(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +173
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateC onnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +357
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat ePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +30
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateOb ject(DbConnection owningObject) +424
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCrea teRequest(DbConnection owningObject) +66
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConne ction(DbConnection owningObject) +494
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +82
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
    clsPictures.getCategories(Boolean booAll) in C:\MemberSites\MemberSites_AspSpider_Info\fatta78\ webroot\App_Code\clsPictures.vb:889
    _default.bindCategories() in C:\MemberSites\MemberSites_AspSpider_Info\fatta78\ webroot\default.aspx.vb:95
    _default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\MemberSites\MemberSites_AspSpider_Info\fatta78\ webroot\default.aspx.vb:23
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Code King aka Code WizZzard: Motivated By The Challenge, Driven By The Will To Succeed.

In The Land Of Programmers, The Code WizZzard Is KING. Sen on anything VB

Quote Originally Posted by ToxXxic View Post
    I got this when I tried to get to your site
    This is when a good try block would come in handy. I always practice using exception handling, especially when I am trying to access my database, cuz those ugly asp.net error pages can be embarrassing. BTW fatta, why is it that you enabled the ability to show the full debug error from a remote computer. You need to change that quick. I and everyone else now know the name of your database and path and can easily do some sql injection when you get your site back up. You have to be a little bit more careful, especially with everybody getting hacked nowadays.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

Quote Originally Posted by codecarnage View Post
    for .net site i recommend http://www.discountasp.net. I'm currently hosting a few sites with them.
    I love discountasp.net, that's where my company's website is host. But, the additional $10 for MSSQL is too much for me right now ( $10 for website + $10 for database = $20 per month).

Just starting out i want to keep it cheap for now.

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    This is when a good try block would come in handy. I always practice using exception handling, especially when I am trying to access my database, cuz those ugly asp.net error pages can be embarrassing. BTW fatta, why is it that you enabled the ability to show the full debug error from a remote computer. You need to change that quick. I and everyone else now know the name of your database and path and can easily do some sql injection when you get your site back up. You have to be a little bit more careful, especially with everybody getting hacked nowadays.
    Thanks for the advice. I was moving the website from the test server (aspspider.com) to godaddy. That is why you got the error message.

I went with godaddy, they are very cheap: 150 GB disk space and 2 MSSQL server (200 MB per database) for $6.99 (monthly billing or more).

The website is up and running now (www.pixjm.com)

softsys webhosting only has annually billing.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Oct 6, 2008 at 06:00 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    www.pixJM.com - View and upload photos/videos of what's currently happening in the streets of Jamaica.

http://www.easycgi.com/easycgi/lp/sp...mo_code=PF5L6P <-- get this promotion while its hot. 3.5TB/mo bandwidth, 350gb space.

digimon Guest

my site, www.crocusbag.com is hosted at webhost4life.com

a flexible host provider