Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Degree: Utech - BCIT vs VTDI - ICT

I need to know if UCC is a good alternative for UTECH or VTDI.

And does anyone know how expensive is UCC?

they offer that course? i had NO idea, as far as i know the only computer courses they had were BSCIT and BSCM (computer and management). if they had it when i was doing it i would have chosen it over BSCIT cuz it makes no sence to do BSCIT hoping to do networking. just do ur CCNA and forget about it

@ SKatta - im not even sure if the courses are ACCREDITED at UCC (find out and let me know plz), i did MIS there roun 4 years ago and up 2 this day i hearing crap about no accreditation. however i can advise you on how it is.

UCC - if u want to do a course that involves computers in MANAGEMENT.. meaning MIS basically, u get alot of business subjects paired up with computing subjects
    UTECH - this is PROGRAMMING hard core meaning that even when u dont want programming they shove it down ur throat - if u want 2 become a software engineer or web programer or database manager or anything like that - look no further
    VTDI - basically on par with ur Net+, its not company specific (Cisco) as far as i know but best place for building a network base

truth is skatta - each of these colleges teach special fields in computing differently but none of them have better job marketing power than UTech. i remember a friend of mine who did comsi at uwi - took him 2 years to find a programming job which is now paying him 80K before tax. The other programmers who he works with is a utech graduate who makes 50K over him and was there for only 6 months before him
    Last edited by vylle; Dec 9, 2009 at 01:51 AM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Thanks vylle......that was very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    they offer that course? i had NO idea, as far as i know the only computer courses they had were BSCIT and BSCM (computer and management). if they had it when i was doing it i would have chosen it over BSCIT cuz it makes no sence to do BSCIT hoping to do networking. just do ur CCNA and forget about it

@ SKatta - im not even sure if the courses are ACCREDITED at UCC (find out and let me know plz), i did MIS there roun 4 years ago and up 2 this day i hearing crap about no accreditation. however i can advise you on how it is.

UCC - if u want to do a course that involves computers in MANAGEMENT.. meaning MIS basically, u get alot of business subjects paired up with computing subjects
    UTECH - this is PROGRAMMING hard core meaning that even when u dont want programming they shove it down ur throat - if u want 2 become a software engineer or web programer or database manager or anything like that - look no further
    VTDI - basically on par with ur Net+, its not company specific (Cisco) as far as i know but best place for building a network base

truth is skatta - each of these colleges teach special fields in computing differently but none of them have better job marketing power than UTech. i remember a friend of mine who did comsi at uwi - took him 2 years to find a programming job which is now paying him 80K before tax. The other programmers who he works with is a utech graduate who makes 50K over him and was there for only 6 months before him
    i know its diffiucult....and its possible to get through without a degree .....and jus certs....but honestly not giving yurself the best chance at succeeding....is like going through counterstrike with a one pop...not wise...lol..not wise.....degree programes in jamaica emphasize on programming and database mgmt...but take heart...thats why u do certs..to give u additonal knowledge n fill the gaps...but dont follow the hype get both
    Knowledge is just wasted time if not put to action
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Network +, A+, CCNA, CCDA, CXFS, Avaya (ACIS), MCP ...next stop CCNP,MCSE, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, VCP

wanna do a degree at vtdi..........
    EQUIVALENT ENTERPRISE

the UCC degrees are now accredited..i started an associates there a few years ago..plan to finish it up next year

best bet is to go to VTDI
    in the four years you get
    1) Diploma,
    2)BSC
    3)4 ccna certificates
    4) It essentials 1 certificate and
    5)CCNA Discovery Certificate

plus you will do php + flash

and you will have the opportunity of ntering national skills and world skills competition

plus its the cheapest around town but quality education
    dunno if UWI OR UTECH can stock up to that
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

hmmm,,,crazee player arent you the spokesperson for vtdi

This is the Programme am hoping to do @ Exed september http://www.ecc.edu.jm/index.php?opti...ols&Itemid=113
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton