Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Degree: Utech - BCIT vs VTDI - ICT

Im currently pursuing the BSc in ICT @ VTDI so which sch is better, UTECH or VTDI???

I know HEART has been around like from the conception of time but how long has VTDI been around

Quote Originally Posted by Aldayne View Post
    Ok, the programme sounds good.
    Yeah they usually look good on paper the actual experience tends to be different though but GDTO seems to place there in a positive light and HEART has long been one of the underrated educational institutions in Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Kizelle2000 View Post
    Im currently pursuing the BSc in ICT @ VTDI so which sch is better, UTECH or VTDI???
    Well not sure but I think Utech may have overall the better resources to provide an overall better experience they also have the track record so I would more take my chances with an established institution like Utech than to experiment with a relatively new institution.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Utech is best of the bunch, since it's the oldest and most recognized university out of the three. However the curriculum is really geared toward programmers or students with a preference for software architecture. The have a poor hardware or networking base with little room for growth..........that's my experience anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizelle2000 View Post
    In this time of financial turmoil, VTDI is cheaper than Utech.
    I know quite a few persons doing the degree there.

Anubis - Heart/VTDI enter national and world skills each year.
    Last edited by Utech22; Mar 29, 2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: correct grammar
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Do the one that offers the certs unless you dont intend to get them anyways. UTECH better if u not interested in those certs, then again UWI probably better in that particular sense (less time wasted, same prerequisites - A levels)
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by collcoll View Post
    Utech is best of the bunch, since it's the oldest and most recognized university out of the three. However the curriculum is really geared toward programmers or students with a preference for software architecture. The have a poor hardware or networking base with little room for growth..........that's my experience anyway.
    Actually Coll I think Heart is older I think Heart has been around from when Utech was known as STATS or something to that extent, well I know that Utech Bch in IT is highly programming oriented at the meeting before doing the entrance test for the computer programs the head of the department told us that this is a strong Programming Based course and we should not be fooled otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Utech22 View Post
    In this time of financial turmoil, VTDI is cheaper than Utech.
    I know quite a few persons doing the degree there.

Anubis - Heart/VTDI enter national and world skills each here.

What do you mean by that Tech?
    Last edited by Anubis; Mar 28, 2009 at 10:57 PM.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

VTDI

ICT Diploma - Full time & Part Time - current cost... ?????
    ICT Degree - Full time only.... current cost: $75000

final yr Degree student at VTDI..

great lecturer/student interactions
    great lecturers
    great prices
    great classes

No run around with ADMIN!!!!!!

Luv my class
    Last edited by techie101; Mar 29, 2009 at 12:51 AM.
    poor n boasy..

You can do the degree at VTDI and the masters at UTECH (or harvard )

1958: The original name of UTech was the Jamaica Institute of Technology; just over 50 students were enrolled and only four programmes were offered.
    1959: The name was changed to the College of Arts, Science and Technology (CAST)
    Anubis I correct the grammar, check it.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

know that most of you out there don't know this, but CIT is offering a degree in programming and networking. They have gone through most of the accreditation process and they offer the program online via cisco's webex system. Check out the website @ www.caribbeantech.org
    There is no wrong or right, only consequencies to action

"It is the duty of man to make his knowledge so complete in life, so as to make it impossible for any other to take advantage of him" - Marcus Garvey

VTDI's ICT degree is actually one of my considerations for this september. its between them and exed's MIS. would have prefered exeds computer science programme but from what i have heard i'm gonna need A-Levels if its gonna offer the programme this year.
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton