Thread: Divide and Conquer Primality Test

Default Divide and Conquer Primality Test

SO! I have this assignment for Analysis of Algorithms where we have to Analyse(Duh!) a couple algorithms we can either write the algorithm or get one from wherever. I already have a Brute Force Algorithm but now I need a Divide and Conquer one; problem is I cant find one that doesn't employ some kind of brute force within it. Can someone help me develop or find one because I been searching and trying for 2 weeks.
    Notorios
    That Which Is Not Defined Is Infinitely Great
    Google The Search Engine Of The Gods

nobody can help me? (shud have actually posted this in software development, can it be moved?) Well i changed my topic anyway but if anyone has an answer i wud be interested.
    Notorios
    That Which Is Not Defined Is Infinitely Great
    Google The Search Engine Of The Gods

First of all, you didn't mention whether you were doing a 'search' or 'sort'. The most complicated part, seems to be breaking the problem (in two parts) in the middle. You may also want to ensure that your problem-size is wide enough, so that you can clearly see the comparisons being made.

Recursion, Crosswire, and Icymint3, will soon help you with the implementation of the algorithm. I'm still stuck in trying to move away from the pseudocode phase, to the actual coding (in Java).
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread