Thread: Communication Software

Default Communication Software

Sometime ago i used Bitware F/D/V v3.30 from Cheyenne Communications, i found it to be a very usefull communication software (with phone, fax, data etc. communication features)then but i can't seem to find an updated version online. Any suggestion on a replacement with additional features?
    Platform Windows 9x OR 2000.

Features i am looking for
    =================

-Sandard fax- including fax broadcastings (NOT INTERNET FAX)
    -SMS
    -Phone + Voice mail + Phone book
    -Data transfer features similar to hyperterminal +Instant message\ chat feature (Not via internet)*
    - etc.

*I want to engage in an instant chat session and be able to tranfer files with someone on another computer via a local network LAN or dial-out over a phone line without going on the internet (similar to Windows Hyperterminal) but without the obvious limitations.

NB I don't find the communication software that comes with windows to be adequate

Default Re:Communication Software

I tried to send a fax recently using the Fax software that comes with the Windows Operating system. This software I agree is not sufficient at all. I then had to go online in order to find one that was free and most useful. I tried it but had some problems. I gave up the search but I will resume later. I will update you when I can.

The package that you are requesting is very comprehensive, and will likely cost.

Question, have you tried searching for any online?

Peace,
    Kacey

Yes Kacey that was the first thing i did.
    Most of the comm. software are trial or crippled versions and i find it real tiresome to be installing the various trials and have them expire on me or worst installing them and they turn out to be no good, that's why i'm soliciting the opinions of you guys to see what you are using.
    Bitware back on windows 3.1 and 95 was real popular, so what are people using now?

I don't use that type of software but I did see a Bitware CD bundled with a CNET external modem.

It was bitware by Computer Associates I believe. Don't know if it is the same product.

Anyway, fax software tends to be bundled with modems. I have never seen one that was restricted to a trial period.

You could check some peope who purchased modems recently.

I use Symantec WinFax pro, but I only use it for the faxing capabilities and so I'm not sure if it offers the other features you require.

Chris were did you get Symantec winfax pro from. Is it free?

Kacey.

[quote author=Kacey link=board=5;threadid=704;start=0#msg5205 date=1052783781]
    Chris were did you get Symantec winfax pro from. Is it free?

Kacey.
    [/quote]

Kacey, let's just say that it retails for about US$99

Yes JamRock i do believe it's the same software, i did a check but for some reason i can only find the old version 3.30 and version 7 (beta only). Anyway what i am looking for goes beyond faxing - basically i am lookig for a full communication software, with most of the features outline above. I will keep searching and take a look at Winfax Pro non the less.

Kacey, let's just say that it retails for about US$99
    lol good one Chris ;D