Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game cube no disc read

Question Game cube no disc read

have a game cube but its not reading no disc any suggestion???
    GOOD OVA EVIL LIFE OVA DEATH MONEY OVA GUN???

could be that the lens needs to be cleaned.

the easy way to do it is to get a Qtip, wet it with some rubbing alcohol, then squeeze out the excess and GENTLY wipe the lens........please od it GENTLY cuz too much pressure can break the lens

after that, try the cd again and it should read.
    i love my country, but i fear my elected officials
    Call me on 3538447.
    topdogclu @ hotmail.com

sadness my youth I suggest you buy a new one (from foriegn) but anyway what games you have?

Ya you can follow what Kev pointed out or you may want to try cleaning the cd before you go messing with that lens. What up Owen you the proud owner of a Cube?
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

I have never heard of this happening to a Cube before... do what kev say.
    Or you could do like Owen say and get a new one, Gamestop sell them for only $30 so I think that is a nice steal, I goin get a second one soon.

i hav tried cleaning lens but same problem....disc r nfsu underground, street vol 1-2, sonic, tony hwk,wrestlemania,soul calibur,street hoops,blood rayne

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    I have never heard of this happening to a Cube before... do what kev say.
    Or you could do like Owen say and get a new one, Gamestop sell them for only $30 so I think that is a nice steal, I goin get a second one soon.
    There is no device beyond a certain problem it uses a lens so it is not immune to lens issues could happen to that, PS or the Xbox personally I saw the Cube as a waste of time thus got myself a PS2
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

the worst part is i cant find any screw driver to dismantle it
    need some help
    Last edited by sayion; Sep 18, 2008 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    There is no device beyond a certain problem it uses a lens so it is not immune to lens issues could happen to that, PS or the Xbox personally I saw the Cube as a waste of time thus got myself a PS2
    ya I wont dismiss that possibility but I jus saying its not often u hear of a gamecube with problems. An i can tell u first hand say mine go thru some of the ruffest treatment. Cube was supplemental for me cause I couldnt get them Nintendo games like Smash, Metroid and Zelda on PS2 of course so thats what it was for, first party titles and RE4

Quote Originally Posted by sayion View Post
    have a game cube but its not reading no disc any suggestion???
    my youth at this time still you still a use game cube, dash weh that hygha, lol anyways there is a place at hagley park plaza called gameyaad that can fix it for you. Trust me they are good down there.
    Last edited by Lukecon; Sep 18, 2008 at 06:44 AM.