Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast

Thread: PS3, dissecting the fail cake.

@Pezz: So now 360 exclusives don't need to look spectacular....OK.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    @Pezz: So now 360 exclusives don't need to look spectacular....OK.
    Just as battlefield looks better than COD. COD doesnt need to look as good as battlefield.

Thats my point. With time they could make COD look better, but why?

Gears of War doesnt need to look better than uncharted (I know this is the game you are going to bring up lol)

For me gears of War is the best.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Looks like you didn't read the article, so I'll just summarize it here. The emulator in the article is called RPCS3 which was started about two years ago and was the one people mentioned was running some PS3 2D demo games and project was at a go slow until they started working with Direct X12.

Now they are able to emulate more intense games like Silent Hill (shown below), as according to the youtube top comment for that video, dx12 is best for all emulators at this point since it matches most low level api's in consoles and gives the best cpu and gpu optimizations. This might even be boosted more with AMD cards since they are better at DX12 rendering until Nvidia release their next lineup:
    What did I miss? Can i download it and play a game?
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    What did I miss? Can i download it and play a game?
    Not yet, it's still in the development stage so might be a while.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

They do try their best though, Pezz. Halo 4 squeezed every last drop out of the 360, and it looks great for a gen 7 game. Gears turned many heads when it just came out too.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree because this is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    They do try their best though, Pezz. Halo 4 squeezed every last drop out of the 360, and it looks great for a gen 7 game. Gears turned many heads when it just came out too.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree because this is going nowhere.
    Battlefield 4 squeezed the last drip out of both systems. Guess which system it looks better on? the one with the better gpu
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Lets not start arguing the ps3 again. The system was only kept alive by sony's money and naughty dog. You could say the same thing about nintendo but at least nintendo knows how to make games well, builds solid systems and has better support. The ps3 out the gate has done more damage than good. at least that is something we can aggree on right?

Damage to Sony, yes, but if you're implying to the industry at large, that's ridiculous.

@Pezz: which was also the lead SKU, and now we're back where we started.
    Last edited by Makkah; Dec 22, 2015 at 02:42 PM.

First console to have its online service hacked and all the customer info released (including credit cards)? Lol. It was almost as big as the Xbox red ring of death.

Not really. It cost them a lot of money to give everyone affected credit monitoring services (just for a year), but it's nowhere near the cool billion MS dropped to mitigate RROD. People still bought the system, and the PS4 is selling like hot cakes.

If you're using your credit or debit card on ANY of these platforms, including steam, however, I question your sanity. Always use prepaid cards. On my profile only my name is real too.