Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3, dissecting the fail cake.

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Where is the link to that? 720p is fine, not like the game doesn't look great.

from what i seeing the mgs4 disc holds 46.6GB (japanese version) Thats 14GB non-audio if we go by the 60-70% audio thing; still too big. Whether or not it possible, let them bring out an exclusive game that is as good and we can talk.

I don't know what u talking bout ninja gaiden 2, all i say is ppl said it looked good.
    I play no games on 720p as I can change my rez in my sys config in my 360 Iplay games on my 360 @ 12x10 all the time
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

i done argue bout which system is the best. My position now is that the 360 has no games for me. Peace
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

i done argue bout which system is the best. My position now is that the 360 has no games for me. Peace
    lol More joke..........
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Whether or not it possible, let them bring out an exclusive game that is as good and we can talk.

I don't know what u talking bout ninja gaiden 2, all i say is ppl said it looked good.
    You said this :
    I saw vids of ninja gaiden 2 in High quality, ppl seh it look good and i tell u i was disappointed
    So I said it is not really a next gen game.

Who is them ?
    Is not Sony mek MGS is Konami, it is on every platform from Gamecube to PSP, in essence you seem to be saying that is not Konami and Kojima-san that make the game good, is the PS3 ?

So the other ones, including MGS1-3 are garbage ?
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Hmh, my opinion is that the PS3 is the most technologically advance, superior computer platform ever designed, and powerful platform for 3d gaming (for the amount of transistors). It is also scalable.

However, it takes genius to bring a easy to use programming package for the masses. Traditional multicore processors are not really glued together below the thread level, and often game code is written that can threaded way down smaller. This is why it is easy to develop on traditional multicore processors and difficult on a PS3, however the problem lies in the tools namely the software compiler and the language. All you need to state, in the "language", is wht areas of code can be threaded on that level and a compiler that will automatically write the code.

If I had 2 years free time I would work on this myself but I find it hard to get free time.

Sony knew the risks involved and diverse the technology of the Cell Processor into other areas. It is unfortunate that the software for it had such a long delay. The fact is by nature, it will always be the cutting edge design until software catches up, at which time Sony will be rewarded for its patent rights to the processor. They showed true initiative in advancing technology. (or else in 2020 we still a juggle pentacore, and heptacore and have to open multiple applications just to use up to full processor.)
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    You said this :

So I said it is not really a next gen game.

Who is them ?
    Is not Sony mek MGS is Konami, it is on every platform from Gamecube to PSP, in essence you seem to be saying that is not Konami and Kojima-san that make the game good, is the PS3 ?

So the other ones, including MGS1-3 are garbage ?
    dem is dem ppl... one of the 360 ppl on here i guess. Man bring the ninja gaiden 2 argument into a mgs4 thread.

The ps3 facilitates. Just good of them for doing the best they could with the difficulties and making use of whatever advantages the ps3 had. Question is could they do as well on the 360... for all i know they might be able to but bottom line is 360 nah ntn but xbl that i might be interested in . And i don't think xbl is ntn
    All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire View Post
    Hmh, my opinion is that the PS3 is the most technologically advance, superior computer platform ever designed, and powerful platform for 3d gaming (for the amount of transistors). It is also scalable.

However, it takes genius to bring a easy to use programming package for the masses. Traditional multicore processors are not really glued together below the thread level, and often game code is written that can threaded way down smaller. This is why it is easy to develop on traditional multicore processors and difficult on a PS3, however the problem lies in the tools namely the software compiler and the language. All you need to state, in the "language", is wht areas of code can be threaded on that level and a compiler that will automatically write the code.

If I had 2 years free time I would work on this myself but I find it hard to get free time.

Sony knew the risks involved and diverse the technology of the Cell Processor into other areas. It is unfortunate that the software for it had such a long delay. The fact is by nature, it will always be the cutting edge design until software catches up, at which time Sony will be rewarded for its patent rights to the processor. They showed true initiative in advancing technology. (or else in 2020 we still a juggle pentacore, and heptacore and have to open multiple applications just to use up to full processor.)
    IBM gone past the original Cell long time....They will be on the 5th gen by the time the PS4 is out probably. The Cell is not optimally suited for the thing that it needs to do inside the PS3, which is render video games.

Graphics processing is handled by the NVIDIA RSX 'Reality Synthesizer',
    ---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#Hardware

You state that it is the most advanced for the amount of transistors..Sorta like how the Nvidia GTX280 have transistors to stone dog (1.4 Billion), and the Radeon 4870 has 500 million, almost a third less, but does as well or better in tests?

The PS3 could have been made from Roswell UFO technology, it is useless unless it is put to use.

Kojima say that the Cell DONE OUT and he is unsatisfied with MGS4 becasue the PS3 could not do what he wanted.

Unless the argument is going to be that Kojima don't know anything bout development.....

As for multicore development, most developers suck at it. Which is why most titles pre-Xbox360 have terrible multi-core scaling.

I can tell you for a fact one of the Need for Speed titles ran SLOWER on dual core systems, because of coding errors.

One good thing came out of Xbox360 Development is that it forced the n00bz to get schooled.

The Cell is also basically an Enhancd PowerPC core with multiple coprocessors. As matter of fact, everyone but $ony realised they needed a GPU...
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire View Post

partly rubbish........
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    IBM gone past the original Cell long time....They will be on the 5th gen by the time the PS4 is out probably. The Cell is not optimally suited for the thing that it needs to do inside the PS3, which is render video games.

---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#Hardware

You state that it is the most advanced for the amount of transistors..Sorta like how the Nvidia GTX280 have transistors to stone dog (1.4 Billion), and the Radeon 4870 has 500 million, almost a third less, but does as well or better in tests?

The PS3 could have been made from Roswell UFO technology, it is useless unless it is put to use.

Kojima say that the Cell DONE OUT and he is unsatisfied with MGS4 becasue the PS3 could not do what he wanted.

Unless the argument is going to be that Kojima don't know anything bout development.....

As for multicore development, most developers suck at it. Which is why most titles pre-Xbox360 have terrible multi-core scaling.

I can tell you for a fact one of the Need for Speed titles ran SLOWER on dual core systems, because of coding errors.

One good thing came out of Xbox360 Development is that it forced the n00bz to get schooled.

The Cell is also basically an Enhancd PowerPC core with multiple coprocessors. As matter of fact, everyone but $ony realised they needed a GPU...
    U can max out a processor without gettin much done. Doesn't mean more can't be gotten from the same processor with better code. But i done commenting ...

With all the difficulty etc if Sony can put out more exclusives then they win. All about the games.
    All rights reserved.

Speaking of physics and AI and not just graphics. I would not cram pure graphics on cell that is why I said all roundcomputer platform tht is why dedicated graphics is present.

I refer to 3d games because here in almost every corner is 3 vectors in space, even AI has to figure out what 3 vectors in space it should make given the vectors of the enemy. Simulations breaks down to vectors. This is done on the cell. You would not put a whole game on a graphics card alone.

I will say that Kojame is an excellent programmer, but me have fi research on what you interpret mister san.

By the way, it takes a bit more than threading skills to work with cell. I cant explain that any better. Without the right tools you have to battle and hand write unessary code.

@Peez, what part?
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you