Thread: Archos 5 Internet Media Tablet Released

Default Archos 5 Internet Media Tablet Released

The flagship of Archos’s range, the media tablet comes with a generous 5″ touch screen sporting a 800 x 480-pixels resolution, and packs integrated 802.11b/g WiFi, Opera Web browser with Flash 9 support and up to 12 hours of audio playback time, and 4 hours of video playback.

There’s also a full email application (compatible with POP/IMAP) onboard which lets users read, write, download and send attachments, and manage contacts.

When it comes to multimedia playback, this fella can play just about anything you care to chuck at it, with support for a vast array of audio and video playback codecs, including HD at 720p. There’s also a 3.5G HSDPA version is expected in December 2008.
    See full article here:

http://digital-lifestyles.info/2008/...blet-released/

Archos website
    http://www.archos.com/

I'd definitely consider this before buying an iPod touch. There's also an Archos 7 and 5g (with HSDPA) coming later this year.

What do you guys think?
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

12 hours of audio playback isn't that much in my opinion, it looks to be a bit on the large side also. It is well featured I like 720p video support and flash browser. It doesn't have an appstore though

yeah it really doesnt seem like a device to travel around with in your pocket but it does have a lot of features including support for most video formats. it seems it can play other flash videos on the internet and not just youtube vids like on the touch.
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

Ah...Archos...i always did like their products. kinda pricy, but feature rich, so arguably worth it.