Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Introduces New iPod nano and iPod touch

Default Apple Introduces New iPod nano and iPod touch

At its publicized event on Sep 9th, Apple introduced several new pieces of hardware, including new iPod nanos and a revamped iPod touch. The iPod nanos in particular received a wealth of changes, including an updated interface, a thinner casing, and an accelerometer that allows for functions such as shaking for shuffle play and rotating for Cover Flow.

The new iPod touch, dubbed "the funnest iPod ever" by Steve Jobs, has also received a cosmetic makeover, making it look a little less like an iPhone:

The new iPod touch is smaller and lighter than the original, with a sleek new design that features a contoured metal enclosure with integrated volume control buttons and a brilliant 3.5-inch widescreen glass display. With its rounded edges, flush display and curved, more compact design, the new iPod touch is more comfortable to hold and more portable than ever.

It also boasts a longer battery life, and has access to hundreds of programs from the App Store. Interestingly enough, Apple is placing a particular emphasis on the gaming aspect of the iPod touch, including a features page touting the iPod touch's accelerometer/touch screen control scheme in relation to gaming.

Pricing for the iPod nano starts at $149 for the 8GB, and $199 for the 16GB. The iPod touch goes for $229 for the 8GB, $299 for the 16GB, and $399 for the hefty 32GB.
    http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=16962
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

I already have a PMP, so I don't care. But I do like the graphics:

Apple iPod Nano 4G
    Apple's fourth-generation iPod Nano returns to its slender form and offers new features such as Genius playlists, voice recording, and shake shuffle.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/9742-1_53-50003672.html
    Apple iPod Touch 2.0

http://cnettv.cnet.com/9742-1_53-50003661.html
    Software Updates
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Things are advancing by the second if only we could spend time on developing these things, we as in Jamaica rather than shooting down each other.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    Things are advancing by the second if only we could spend time on developing these things, we as in Jamaica rather than shooting down each other.
    that na go stop. Blame Customs and ISPs, people cant afford internet for them to see whats out there and access information. U notice, we only have software and web devs out here, no resource for us to develop hardwares

Utech22

Apple iPod Nano 4G
    Apple's fourth-generation iPod Nano returns to its slender form and offers new features such as Genius playlists, voice recording, and shake shuffle.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/9742-1_53-50003672.html
    Apple iPod Touch 2.0

http://cnettv.cnet.com/9742-1_53-50003661.html
    Software Updates
    Pretty sweet. Honestly I think most of the updates are cosmetic still, nonetheless I am still impressed especially with how thin it now looks.

GOOD POST.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

i prefer how small(lengthwise) the 3rd generation one was.make it easier to travel with

i like the fact that i can get a 16GB iPod touch for the same price as what the 8GB originally cost.
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

24hrs

i like the fact that i can get a 16GB iPod touch for the same price as what the 8GB originally cost.
    That is a good selling point man. I guess Apple realized that price was a major factor that contributed to persons turning their heads away from their products not to mention that many other devices are now competing with similar specs such as the N95, N82 and some of the high end Sony Ecrisson phones along with HTC that has really stepped up to the plate. Frankly I love my ipod and with all these new Flavours, plus the cosmetic improvements this is definetly a bargain buy.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

The new touch looks SO SEXY!! I plan on getting one in about a month or 2 (32gb).
    Love the new nanos too, but thats not up my street.
    BOO for doing nothing with the classic! It's looking like they are going to phase out the classic once the capacities for the touch/nano can get close enough.