Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome Impressions

Discuss please, cause having worked with and managed programmers from everything from tiny printing programs for banking to communication with Linux dev programmers and VOIP hardware device programmers, I can honestly say, NO programmer can tell me what can and can't be done in software.

Esp since pretty much only the Java engine was built ground up, in ****ing Sweden in a barn.

Bak had been planning to take some time off to work on his farm outside Århus. Then Google called.
    Bak set up a small team that originally worked from the farm, then moved to some offices at the local university. He understood that his mission was to provide a faster engine than in any previous browser. He called his team's part of the project "V8."
    In May 2007, it acquired GreenBorder Technologies, a software security firm whose technology was designed to isolate IE and Firefox activities into virtual sessions, or "sandboxes," where malware intrusions couldn't mess with other activities or data on your computer. When the deal was announced publicly, tech pundits wondered whether it meant that Google was going into the antivirus business. Only after the acquisition did GreenBorder's engineers learn that their job was to construct sandboxes for the tabs of a new browser. "It was confusing," says Carlos Pizano, one of the GreenBorder hires. "They would not say what they wanted to sandbox."
    Hey look ma, seperate teams working on one project, one team who didn't even know what they would be working on....

I never said they should rename the .exe file to FirefoxChrome.exe, I said they should take advantage of the advances, cause you best believe Google took advantage of any thing they could use.

Mozilla, M$ and Team Opera have the advantage of making products that need to be in constant state of advancement.

Also, since the content they all render are standards based, they don't have to worry about cross-application compatibility or any crap. Pass acidtest3 and you criss.

So they can break and fix and steal and borrow code as they like. Secure/Fast/Stable are the only core feature set most people need from a browser.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

well i installed chrome today and having been using it for about 2 hours now what i like thus far is

1. Its fast, both for browsing and downloading
    2. The downloads feature is pretty cool
    3. It creates a new instance of chrome.exe for each new tab opened in the browser. This can be seen in the process tab of task manager. Reason is sometimes a single tab can cause the entire browser to freeze so with a new instance for each tab you can kill the problematic tab. Shift + Esc within the browser also give a breakdown
    4. The most visited view is really nice and gives ease of use for your frequently visited sites.
    5. The drag & drop of tabs cool as well

Has anyone tried logging in and moving around on www.jncb.com? Chrome is just as slow as firefox on this site cuz we all know that site was only optimized for IE. The problem is i can login fine but whenever i try to click on a tab on the site or just move around i get kicked out and it gives the usual message that you would get if you click the back button. Can anyone else confirm this?
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by RZA View Post
    well i installed chrome today and having been using it for about 2 hours now what i like thus far is

1. Its fast, both for browsing and downloading
    2. The downloads feature is pretty cool
    3. It creates a new instance of chrome.exe for each new tab opened in the browser. This can be seen in the process tab of task manager. Reason is sometimes a single tab can cause the entire browser to freeze so with a new instance for each tab you can kill the problematic tab. Shift + Esc within the browser also give a breakdown
    4. The most visited view is really nice and gives ease of use for your frequently visited sites.
    5. The drag & drop of tabs cool as well

Has anyone tried logging in and moving around on www.jncb.com? Chrome is just as slow as firefox on this site cuz we all know that site was only optimized for IE. The problem is i can login fine but whenever i try to click on a tab on the site or just move around i get kicked out and it gives the usual message that you would get if you click the back button. Can anyone else confirm this?
    its probably a IE only site. If it didn't work in firefox its not going to work in chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    its probably a IE only site. If it didn't work in firefox its not going to work in chrome.
    I can browse the site using firefox its just slow as hell, kinda like cold molasses. The site is optimized for IE but for some reason i cant move around on the site using chrome after i log in so i wanna know if i'm the only one experiencing this problem
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64

like it,after all its a google product,its still in beta stage and i realize some site it don't pick up as yet

Chrome not saving form fields or password fields for me either, even though the option is turned on. Guess they will fix that soon.

I have no option to import bookmarks or settings from any other browser except from IE. lol Bug? I think not. lol Ahhhh bwoy.

My user agent looks like this:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.14
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Chrome not saving form fields or password fields for me either, even though the option is turned on. Guess they will fix that soon.

I have no option to import bookmarks or settings from any other browser except from IE. lol Bug? I think not. lol Ahhhh bwoy.

My user agent looks like this:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.14

Hmm. I see the option to import from Firefox and IE from the Wrench menu.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    Hmm. I see the option to import from Firefox and IE from the Wrench menu.
    I only have IE listed. Guess it's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    I only have IE listed. Guess it's a bug.
    That is really weird. See below:

Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    That is really weird. See below:
    I believed you, you know. There was no need for a picture. lol But since we're in the picture taking mood, see below.