Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Google Chrome Impressions

I've now made the switch to Chrome (power of an April Fools 3D joke) and its OK - kinda. The task manager idea rocks. But:
    - Some of the passwords weren't imported correctly.
    - Bug found sending SMS via techja.
    - My currently opened 15 tabs (more to be opened) are really jumbled. Can it be set to scroll across or go on multiple lines?
    - Edit fields behaving quirky (maybe I'm just not used to its behavior). And I'm currently looking at how the increase/decrease sizers in the TJ editor area have suddenly become best chums with the Redo button (layout issues?) .
    - I want my specially customized FF behavior and extensions .
    - I CANT HACK ITS FILES!!! yet...
    - FF was PERFECT in every way for me except its speed. I just might go back to FF, or try Flock...
    - I want to toggle this multiple processes thing, or at least choose the tabs I want to be in a particular process (for easy termination).
    - And more deviating abnormalities...

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    apparently you are using some kinda beta version cause my version is 1.0-something and it says its up to date. well a so it go.

Safari 4 only seems fast because its holding the page in some kinda background cache while it loads it. Its kinda annoying actually.
    Reminds me of an add-on I had in FF (don't remember the name) back when I didn't have web access at home. It actually browsed ahead of me storing several pages ahead. So when I got home I could actually continue browsing several pages ahead after restoring my session.

BTW, just hit CTRL+B to bold highlighted text above and toggled bookmarks instead. Hope I can turn this off...
    CTRL+Z DOESN'T WORK EITHER!!!
    And what the hell happened to the page that's supposed to open when I get a private message and choose that option (or at least a "popup blocked" message - if that's what happened)? My bad. Just noticed the tiny notifier at the bottom of the screen. Now, where's the popup blocker EXCEPTION LIST?!?

My summary: Chrome is starting to suck already. And I don't even see much improvement in speed. I wonder if the April Fools link is to an inferior/buggy version. I've been fooled good. I want my Firefox...
    Last edited by Skele Drew; Apr 4, 2009 at 08:09 PM.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

skele drew, that's chrome for you (and safari as well), not really outshining firefox (or Opera)

curious though, which version number does chrome3d state in the 'about' menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqMale View Post
    skele drew, that's chrome for you (and safari as well), not really outshining firefox (or Opera)

curious though, which version number does chrome3d state in the 'about' menu
    Chrome 1.0.154.53 . I don't think its the 3d version though, because I don't see the glasses beside the refresh on the bar as in the demo. They may have redirected it to the official version after the 1st.

And right now I just came out of hibernation and it took longer than FF to "wake up" properly and get up to speed. Don't know how long I'll take this abuse before going back to FF. *sigh*
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;

most of the time if you constantly hibernate chrome will get slow. the good thing about chrome is that the can kill the flash plugin and you windows will remain open. I'm not sure if thats too "power user" for you guys or not but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    most of the time if you constantly hibernate chrome will get slow. the good thing about chrome is that the can kill the flash plugin and you windows will remain open. I'm not sure if thats too "power user" for you guys or not but it works.
    Yeah. Saw that the plugins were running in a separate process in the task man. But I saw in an article that killing a process with dependencies would mess up those dependencies, but the tabs can be reloaded or closed. Just a note. And I always hibernate my computer, except when something forces me to restart. Right now the task manager is the only thing preventing me from uninstalling Chrome and going back to FF.

Sorry... but not very impressed....
    IE 8 has a few issues but I thinkin I'd stay with that & Opera....

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqMale View Post
    i'm posting from version 2.0.171.0, i'm noticing that i can no longer right-click and copy text. can someone confirm whether this happens on their system as well.
    I am now using build 2.0.173.1 and would like to report that copy and paste is work just fine

My final comments about Google Chrome . . . . . . . None! I am now using Firefox again and happy as a lark. There isn't a thing about Chrome that I miss (well maybe the task manager, and it still doesn't have some stuff I'd want it to). Chrome swallows more memory than my FF with the same amount of tabs open (over 10), it isn't very responsive, its rendering is buggy... Chrome just sucks for me. My FF moves much faster too!

CHrome has some work to do as not all online shopping can be done on it but its still pretty impressive though. Sticking to Firefox until then