Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome Impressions

Default Google Chrome Impressions

Please post your thoughts on usage and stabilty here. As well as feature like/dislikes and things it should have.

I like the fact that everything has a right click. I am a stickler for Layouts and the *** hat way M$ does it keeps me going back to my first love Opera.

The New Tab button should not be on the right. I want the ability to change it's positon as I can in Opera. Here is why new tabs on the right is retarded...When a new tab is opened, the new tabs go to the right, so the button slides away more and more till it is on the other side of the screen. Having it on the left keeps the position static and makes for ease of use.

Interface is as clean as Opera..wh00t

It is fast as ****...

Right now in Opera when I am on a Bulletin Board, I can right click in the text boxes and get vb/UBB/BB specific codes, so I don't have to use the "go advanced" button. I NEED this.

I cannot import from Opera..Some Google prejudice there.

Opera has one of the handiest tools ever, I can highlight something, like a URL (www.techjamaica.com), right click and copy it, then in the address bar, Opera gives me a "PASTE AND GO" right click option, which saves tremendous amounts of time. Wh00t it is present!!

I also see a scary lack of customisation so far. I like my config menus deep like the Mariana Trench.

There is no option to detach tabs like in Opera, you have to manually drag the tabs off the Tab-bar. You can drag them back to the main window though. The tabs also open maximised which is a no no. This should be user-settable like in Opera.

There is a softness to it, that compares well to Opera's kinda steelyness.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

some website graphics don't load, but I guess that will be fixed as the Beta gets improved. Companies now will have to update advisory material to say their apps\sites wont work in the CHROME browser. I love the automated spell checked feature. Everything just seems faster. Crap, my java stock streaming window won't load. Got to have that
    Last edited by Buystocks; Sep 2, 2008 at 02:39 PM.

Jumping around the time pointers in Flash Videos seems to stall them...
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

My question is since im not a programmer... wont microsoft be able to copy the code and put it in their own browser since its open source? How does that work?

"We've used components from Apple's WebKit and Mozilla's Firefox, among others -- and in that spirit, we are making all of our code open source as well"
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

www.xkcd.com random joke button does not seem to work...
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

My first impression is that it installed fluently but after that everything else stopped. I am yet to even get a page to load. So I reinstalled again with the same results twice. I decided thereafter that I can't be bothered so I just uninstalled. I am now wondering if I did everything correctly but how hard is it anyways to run a simple installer?

I think Google needs to check the installation code but hey it could just be me, cause everyone else here posted about how the pages are loading so I guess it's just me.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Hmm, no ability to save sessions in case of a crash...are they on crack ?
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

Already read....The "Do no evil" empire is doing evil....

Final Verdict: As a cloud based OS to run Web 3.0 Cloub based programs and tools, it is off to the right start...As a Browser/tool that makes Nester-san's web surfing life easier I will stick to Opera.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

liking the browser so far. It has a task manager included

It is definitely fast... will see if it stays responsive over time unlike ff3. I like being able to drag tabs outside the window and it makes it a new window. ANd being able to drag it back. The way it downloads files is cool.

It needs to have the variety of addons in firefox, i'm gettin some dns errors, middle mouse clicking doesn't open the last window closed but i think that might jsut be a feature of the tabmix plus addon for firefox. Hope it gets good applications support soon. LIke download managers etc being able to integrate into it.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 2, 2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: replaced large image with thumbnail
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo