Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The wii is NOT a second console

Default The wii is NOT a second console

There is no reason for the Wii to be a second console especially since more people are buying. The fact that there are few hardcore games on it doesn't mean that their aren't people who bought it FIRST before buying a PS3. In fact most hardcore Wii owners have MORE GAMES than hardcore ps3 owners (maybe because the games are cheaper?)

The wii has the potential for to be much more that it is right now. Alot of games could and are going to be ported to it. Alot of commercial dev tools already have wii support. But right now casual games ruling the boat.

Hardcore wii owners have to weather the storm playing Gamecube games and MegaMan 1 until Nintendo comes to its senses. Just yesterday a gamer sold his Wii for a PS3 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QJ_9WULuA ) because of Nintendo's poor E3 performance.

NB. Mario Kart Wii sucks and it is NOT HARDCORE. Alot of people will enjoy it though WHICH IS THE PROBLEM!

To truly get an answer we would need a survey. But it is highly likely that it is mainly a supplemental console... one reason its at the top would be this. Its true lots would only get the wii as well, don't know what category those ppl fall in but i don't see too many ppl who would buy a console from ms or sony settling for a wii alone. Persons used to the great rpgs and shooters etc would not give that up. Maybe hardcore nintendo fans would settle for the wii alone.

can make this a poll.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    To truly get an answer we would need a survey. But it is highly likely that it is mainly a supplemental console... one reason its at the top would be this. Its true lots would only get the wii as well, don't know what category those ppl fall in but i don't see too many ppl who would buy a console from ms or sony settling for a wii alone. Persons used to the great rpgs and shooters etc would not give that up. Maybe hardcore nintendo fans would settle for the wii alone.

can make this a poll.
    "highly likely that it is mainly" is very bad english.

There are more wii's sold than ps3 and xbox's. Chances are alot of the people who buy it either;
    - only have a wii
    - bought the wii first and then bought a ps3 or a xbox
    - bought a wii second after a ps3 or a xbox.

So chances are 2 out of 3 times. a Wii is the First choice console. you don't need a pole to prove that.

There are tons of threads on this topic already, although not directly pointing out the point your trying to make.

In my opinion the Wii is in a category by itself, as Nintendo has always stayed true to it's innervative ways of playing games. From day one when yuh beat mario, yuh can play it again and some things change up in the game.

Not to mention the affordable prices on their consoles.

The Wii is a first console in my book. Juss that I kinda put off consoles for the time being.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    "highly likely that it is mainly" is very bad english.

There are more wii's sold than ps3 and xbox's. Chances are alot of the people who buy it either;
    - only have a wii
    - bought the wii first and then bought a ps3 or a xbox
    - bought a wii second after a ps3 or a xbox.

So chances are 2 out of 3 times. a Wii is the First choice console. you don't need a pole to prove that.
    Yes u need a poll 'cause the third option could make up most cases of all possibilities. Chances are doesn't really cut. I am going by the fact that it has sold so much, the stats from a link i posted in another thread showing that the wii is played less than both consoles.... Its likely a "second console". Making subjective statements really not gonna help. U got to search for evidence supporting what u think. Its really about what the majority of ppl are doing, who owns the wii and what they do with it etc. From the information i have its likely... gimme somn else

Its not bad english.
    All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Yes u need a poll 'cause the third option could make up most cases of all possibilities. Chances are doesn't really cut. I am going by the fact that it has sold so much, the stats from a link i posted in another thread showing that the wii is played less than both consoles.... Its likely a "second console". Making subjective statements really not gonna help. U got to search for evidence supporting what u think. Its really about what the majority of ppl are doing, who owns the wii and what they do with it etc. From the information i have its likely... gimme somn else

Its not bad english.
    The points are mutually exclusive. What evidence? The majority of people are buying Wiis, most of the top ten selling games are Wii games. I don't need to regurgitate some loosely written article found on another website to know that. Its pure logic. Be original man.

"there is a high possibility that most people got it as a second console" is bad english?

U wouldn't buy a wii and no games... so there can be explanations for wii games selling and wii selling. but whatever... i might be wrong u might be wrong. A poll is less likely to be wrong
    All rights reserved.

Its not really about whether its bought second or first, its more about who has it alone. Its sorta like the gamecube not many people had a gamecube alone, they usually had it and something else.
    But why you target PS3 tho? People can have a 360 & Wii to.
    Da man dere in the video lol why does he have doubles of games? Even MGS4 him go have 2 copies of. I'm surprized he said Smash Brawl had poor online, I was under the impression that it had the most comprehensive online for the Wii. A game like that has better(more fun) multiplayer in the living room anyway.

That Mario Kart ting mi notice u a bash it from day one tho. I won't make a judgment til I play it myself, but to be honest I haven't bothered with Mario Kart unless it was the ones on SNES and GBA, now those were fun. They weren't meant to be hardcore at all just fun, but I couldnt bother with multi-leveled tracks it hasn't appealed to me.

Here's a Poll: http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=3193
    25k have a wii, but about 45k have wii an sutm else. That poll is not conclusive tho as its only 121k ppl who took part in it, but it does give a somewhat decent estimate of the ratios

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    Its not really about whether its bought second or first, its more about who has it alone.

But why you target PS3 tho? People can have a 360 & Wii to.

That Mario Kart ting mi notice u a bash it from day one tho.

Here's a Poll: http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=3193
    25k have a wii, but about 45k have wii an sutm else. That poll is not conclusive tho as its only 121k ppl who took part in it, but it does give a somewhat decent estimate of the ratios
    the wii second console thing spawned from this thread.

ps3 or 360 doesn't matter works out to the same thing.

the poll doesn't help the first/second console point at all.

Mario kart could have been so much more

I have seen many different categories of gamers in my lifetime:

1) hardcore gamers
    2) casual gamers
    3) simulation gamers
    4) sports gamers
    5) racing gamers
    6) etc

I think I will coin a new type of gamers, wii gamers.

I am sorry but I honestly believe that the MAJORITY of wii owners are those just getting into gaming which for me is an extremely good thing because it is now making people who weren't interested in gaming now being bought into the world of virtual reality.

When I hear my wife saying to me she wants a Wii for her birthday, my mother and sister saying to me they want a Wii so that they can exercise, in my mind cements this view.

This is just my opinion and is in no way suggesting that real gamers don't own Wiis or the wii is not a gaming console just that I believe that at least 80% of Wii owners would actually feel offended to be called gamers.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5