Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Console price war to start

For me personally, the Nintendo Wii is more a supplemental gaming console. In all honesty I would never own a Wii exclusively, I plan to buy one to supplement my gaming needs and to extend my loves for games to my broader family who aren't really hardcore gamers (my wife and other friends specifically).

Not to say that the Wii is not a gaming console but just to say that I really can't see how any gamer could survive on the Wii alone.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMac2 View Post
    gentlemen.
    the topic of this thread is console price war. so.. howd the flames about which console is better get fuel to make them rise like this?
    ah well, throw my kerosene on the WII side. if santa is good to me i shall get a nice lcd tv to play it on this Xmas.
    Bless
    Good question...

Anyway... i not saying hours spent = real gamer or not. Its not about that cause i doh want to go there. But it does suggest that the wii is in fact a second console. Which supports what the article said (back on topic?) i never really made any suggestions as to what makes a real gamer... but anyone who plays the wii alone is definitely... different; not saying they aren't gamers
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

That is exactly what you are implying...
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    gamers are peole who play games...yuh have common sense yout? wii fit is a game wii sports is a game...
    so by your definition the man dem who play dominos an ludo roun the dunrobin an redhills intersection all day all thru storm dem man dere is di real type a gamers lol
    anyway ya dem dere is games i never denied that but some people u just cant call them gamers if dem nah live on it. If I see my fada or granfada pick dis up one day an all dem do is play wii fit/sports or one a dem brain games an only play it one or two time a week, u honestly goin call them gamers? You think they'd want u call them a gamer (or in JA terms a gamehead)?
    The same concept applies for many buyers of the Wii as many hospitals an dem psychotherapists a pick dem up fi mek dem patients use it fi help ADHD an dem ting deh

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20 View Post
    For me personally, the Nintendo Wii is more a supplemental gaming console. In all honesty I would never own a Wii exclusively, I plan to buy one to supplement my gaming needs and to extend my loves for games to my broader family who aren't really hardcore gamers (my wife and other friends specifically).

Not to say that the Wii is not a gaming console but just to say that I really can't see how any gamer could survive on the Wii alone.
    That is exactly how I view the Wii. I wouldn mind them slash the price yes I could get myself Smash and Super Mario Galaxy. But truly I'd be bored dead if is only the Wii I did had the games dem woulda finish play an Wii dont have the amount and quality of online games

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    u just cant call them gamers if dem nah live on it.
    The more you guys talk, the more I realise you are just like the linux elitists, who think anyone who is not an otaku, is not good enough.

You most compelling argument is Xbox pretty, PS3 pretty, you cannot define what makes a game good. You are a follower with no opinion of your own.

You ever write a letter to a game dev about a bug or feature or state of the industy concern ? NO? YOU ARE A CASUAL GAMER with no interest in your field.

You are like someone who professes a love for cars yet don't know the 350Z is descended from the Datsun Fairlady Z.

I have exchanged emails with game devs at Sega and reviewers at IGN amonst other places.

I have on my machine at this minute titles you would never hear of, much less play.

Compared to me you are a gaming lightweight, who is so awed by the glow of your Gen 5 console you abandon all sense.

You are not a warrior, you are a beginner.. (1 point if you figure that one out)
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    The more you guys talk, the more I realise you are just like the linux elitists, who think anyone who is not an otaku, is not good enough.

You most compelling argument is Xbox pretty, PS3 pretty, you cannot define what makes a game good. You are a follower with no opinion of your own.

You ever write a letter to a game dev about a bug or feature or state of the industy concern ? NO? YOU ARE A CASUAL GAMER with no interest in your field.

You are like someone who professes a love for cars yet don't know the 350Z is descended from the Datsun Fairlady Z.

I have exchanged emails with game devs at Sega and reviewers at IGN amonst other places.

I have on my machine at this minute titles you would never hear of, much less play.

Compared to me you are a gaming lightweight, who is so awed by the glow of your Gen 5 console you abandon all sense.

You are not a warrior, you are a beginner.. (1 point if you figure that one out)
    All that still doesn't change the fact that the wii is "the second console"
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

So what the millions doing with it ?

Gathering dust ? Playing movies and music ? Chatting to friends ?
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

wii is the number one console..surely not the ps3 in anyway @ all..ps3 is last rank
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I think we need to get back on topic. I am beginning to feel that egos are being bruised.

Can't Wii all just get along?
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5