Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Nokia N82 bricked in 3 days: HELP!

Still trying the 3 button trick and looking into the following apps based on my research:

1. Phoenix flashing tool
    2. Nokia Care Suite
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    The N82's demise still exist.

I am tired of holding down those itty bitty buttons and it's not "restoring" anything.
    tired??........... bring it to me i'll take the stress of ur hands
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

as they say u shud stick to the evil u know....the n82 must have learnt about u bad mouthing nokia in the pass
    I protect i serve i reassure!

just salt to end up with a faulty unit thats all. not all units are perfect, just as it could happen to a SE or samsung or moto too. In fact I rarely hear of update issues with symbians
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

My googling has found others bricking N78s and others too. It happens I aint gonna say it won't just didn't want it happening to me lol.

I am back now after 2 days without electricity (damn Gustav)...so I will resume my efforts. I got some instructions from another forum on how to use Phoenix to restore and do an offline firmware upgrade. I will see to that later today (JPS betta not play!).

Still waiting on some more persons PMing me detailing their ability to fix my phone for a fee.

All else fails...this phone will be up for sale as is 3 days use with all accessories and box for $31,000.00. Sick of this now, somebody else deal with it. Nokia, you are nearing boiling point with me now!

Just in case, here's a preview of the damn phone:

Including 2GB MicroSD (not shown).

Technoboy, did you flash/update this phone on a Vista computer?
    I hope not? Anyway, whether you did or not no one should flash a Nokia on a Vista computer apparently you can activate some setting in Vista I dont remember what exactly but flashing a Nokia phone on Vista is asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by TeriB View Post
    Technoboy, did you flash/update this phone on a Vista computer?
    I hope not? Anyway, whether you did or not no one should flash a Nokia on a Vista computer apparently you can activate some setting in Vista I dont remember what exactly but flashing a Nokia phone on Vista is asking for trouble.
    It's neither here nor there at this point, but yes it was Vista and I already read many people online saying Vista this, Vista that when it comes to updating the Nokia. But others with XP have had the same thing happen too. What was I to do? Install XP just to update the phone? Additionally, the software clearly states Vista compatibility and I previously had no issues updating my SE's on my Vista machine. But I always say...SE and Nokia are two different kettle of fish...

UAC is not enabled on my system, and like I said...all was going well until the 3 minute left signal so blame Vista or blame Nokia and their phone/software?

make the link, i can sort it out for sure if you still have it bricked.
    Deanroy Edwards
    Electrical Engineer, Mobile Phone and Computer Technician
    Contact: 869-5009 or BBPIN: 282C452C or email me at derk@derkgsmsolutions.com

Ur best bet is to get this phone flash over its not brick, once the machine read it which it will ur good to go you fret too much.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1