Thread: Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Style XP

Default Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Style XP

Just got this in my windows update, but now my style xp not working cause of the build.

Anyone know how to change the build or know any similar software like style xp that rotates backgrounds, logons and change visual styles?

Other than that haven't seen any noticeable difference with my system so far so wondering if the update was worth it.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Don't know about any program to do that but there is a uxtheme patcher for winxp sp3, Just go to http://winprj.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=216 and just download UXTender v1.2 and try to reinstall styles xp and see if it will work.

Well, I tried that but it still doesn't work. Don't want to use Vista Transformation cause it doesn't have any background or logon rotation.

Any other ideas?
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

I found a fix for it without using google :

Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    This solution fixed it for me and it now works great.

Link 1: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop...P2-Final.shtml

Link 2: http://www3.telus.net/_/replacer/

Okay, if you could not read the instructions in the video, or you just want them in plain text, here they are.

1. Download and unzip link 1, which is the replacement uxtheme.dll file, to the desktop.
    2. Download and unzip link 2, which is the replacer, to the desktop.
    3. Start the replacer.cmd file and type in C:/WINDOWS/uxtheme.dll and press enter.
    4. Now drag the replacement uxtheme.dll into the replacer window and press enter.
    5. Type Y as in YES.
    6. Reboot.
    7. You're all set!

you could have tried Vista Inspirat.........
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Quote Originally Posted by danthony View Post
    you could have tried Vista Inspirat.........
    Yup he could have and then installed his rotating thingy

I was running SP3 and trust me it is a royal pain in the arse, it did not allow me to manually replace my uxtheme.dll file or put any .msstyle files in my resource folder and when i tried to install Alcohol OMG it was literally battling with the SP3 to install the virtual drive when it prompted me to restart it frose the system before windows could boot i had to take out the battery and restart in safe mode in the end the virtual drive still could not be loaded so no .mds files for me
    Email : malco1987@hotmail.com| LIME :342-9787 | DIGICEL : 406-4604

One Stop Software Downloads
    www.filehippo.com

Default different file location for uxtheme.dll worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    I found a fix for it without using google :
    In step two, I found the original uxtheme.dll file in the System32 folder under windows. Try using this instead if it didn't work for you:

2. Start the replacer.cmd file and type in C:/WINDOWS/system32/uxtheme.dll and press enter.